𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

✍︎

       There's certain moments in life that are so perfect that you never want them to end. Like a perfectly ombréd sunset and at the right moment two birds fly overhead. Those summer days when your surrounded by all your friends and everyone is taking turns in throwing each other into the water or the complete opposite when it's freezing outside and your curled up in-front of an open fire.

       This moment right here was that for me. Charlie Dalton's light snores echoing through the room. His arms wrapped tightly around me Almost like if he lets go I'll disappear forever.

      It's been a week since Charlie and I made the bet. Within that week he has read half of the book

       It was only the other day he was sat at the breakfast table reading it -yes he got a lot of stares, but he didn't seem to care as he bit down on his Apple before frantically waving his arms out towards me.

     "Quick, write this down" he has also been making me take note of certain quotes he find amusing. Once he noticed I was ready he read out the quote in an elegant voice

      "I wonder who first discovered the efficacy of poetry in driving away love!" He looked up to me as I finished

       "Got that?" I nodded "okay new line" he said as I moved down to the next line and he began reading again "I have been used to consider poetry as the food of love," he finished it before looking up at us. Knox was looking at him as if he had two heads.

      Meeks had the spoon just infront if his mouth and was staring. Neil had a grin, one which Todd reciprocated as Cameron shook his head

       "He's been doing this while I'm trying to study" poor Cameron's been getting the brute of it when Charlie shouts 'take this down'

      "Well Cameron, I can't read and write at the same time" Charlie said shaking his before looking to me "can you put an E beside the first line and a D beside the second so I know who said which?"

      I laughed at him nodding as Pittsie leaned over his shoulder looking down at the book, reading one line, scoffing and the then turning to Meeks.

    "It's like trying to read Latin"

     Charlie began to stir beneath me. It was rare I was ever up before him, but there was something accomplishing about it. Even if it was only for a minute or two.

     Charlie's hand reached up and rubbed his eyes as he looked at the clock on my bedside table that read, 3:38pm.

      Classes finished at 2 today and, as usual, I came back to nap and woke up with Charlie beside me. Usually when classes finished I'd nap or run before dinner and every time I either woke up or came back, Charlie Dalton would be laying up on my bed reading, sleeping or sometimes just staring at the wall thinking.

      "How long have we been asleep?" He yawned, rubbing a hand over his face before his eyes settled down on me.

     "an hour and a bit" I rubbed my eyes like he had trying to wake myself up more.

     "Not too bad, and still some time to spare before dinner" he leaned down towards me, capturing my lips with his. My leg was across his waist and his hand came to rest on my hip.

*KNOCK*

       Charlie and I tore apart from each other and looked to the door "Phi?" My eyes widened as did Charlie's as we both sat up in sitting positions. "You in there?"

"Quick act natural" Charlie looked at me like i had ten heads. I thought for a minute I could pass it off as us just taking a nap if it hadn't been for Charlie trying to move off the bed and falling.