BOOK I

"Shit coppers!" DJ curses as he jumps down from the roof of their van.

The four others turn their heads to the blue and red flashing lights before all taking off running in opposite directions. Clara wastes no time in gliding off on her skateboard but even with her speed, the officers are close behind. Ahead there is a steep drop in the pavement, Clara adds pressure onto the back of the skateboard and flies through the air before landing.

The officers chasing her abruptly stop as they reach the edge and sigh as they watch her ride off into the "sunset".

Clara, she doesn't talk much to other people. The vampire. Said to have no heart and aparently no warm colours in her wardrobe.

The officers are hot on DJ's tail, they chase him into a nearby apartment complex but soon lose him in a crowd of clueless tourists. The people in uniforms notice a door forced open along the corridor on the third floor during their search of the building. Walking into the room, their hopes are lowered as there are no signs of the boy.

"He can't of just disappeared" the man sighs.

A large crash is heard outside the window attracting their attention. The man holds a finger to his lips shushing the rest and proceeds to the open window. He draws back the curtains and looks down to see some intoxicated people messing around with plant pots.

"Let's get a perimiter search" the officer orders "He can't of gotten far".

The officers exit the apartment complex after a few minutes of observing the site leaving DJ to let out a sigh of relief when the police car pulls out of the car park. He shuffles along the edge of the building and attempts to open the window.

"Son of a bitch" he curses when he realises the officer locked the window.

His eyes widen as his foot begins to slip down the sloped roof "Shit no no no" he desperately attempts to grip onto the ledge. He lets out a deep sigh and mumbles "fuck it" before letting himself roll down the slates, his body reaches the edge and he takes a hard fall to the concrete with a painful smack once his back connects with the ground.

That unfortunate soul is DJ, not the brightest of people. He's "the playboy". Girls try not to get caught up in his games but they just can't help themselves. He's always getting himself into these types of situations and he never learns to think smarter.

A mocking laughter comes from behind him, DJ lifts his head slowly off the ground to see his green-haired friend with a big smile on his face.

"Damn I should've recorded that" he laughs.

"Shut the fuck up man" DJ shakes his head.

The boy reached down and holds a hand out to DJ, helping him up onto his feet. DJ winces in pain as he stretches out his back. The sound of footsteps get nearer revealing a group of officers running around the corner heading straight for them.

"Time to go" the green-haired boy says patting his friend on the back.

And the green-haired boys name is Rafael or Raffy as his friends like to call him. "The artist". Always experimenting with different ways to add his "touch" to the area.

Ari comes to a stop outside a construction site, looking around for possible escape routes, she reaches up and grabs the metal bar of a nearby scaffolding, using her strength to pull herself up onto the lowest platform.