1# Meltdown (SR)

Welcome to the first oneshot I love this show and I love that there are Autistc characters!

Summary: Spencer has a Meltdown and Hotch help him through it.

Autism Words used: Meltdown, Nonverbal, hitting self, head banging, stimming

Relationships

Hotch and Reid father/son

Reid and Morgan boyfriend/boyfriend

Third person pov...

Spencer was already having a horrible day when before he got called in for a case. First off he didn't have any sweaters he actually liked like the ones he usually wears so he had to dig deep into his other clothes and pick one out, he didn't like the texture.

The sweater felt itchy on his skin even though he was wearing a shirt underneath, he also dropped his coffee making him frustrated as his routine was changed because he couldn't drink it, and this was all before he got to work.

Once the Dr was at the office the minute he sat down, he felt the top of the sweater touch his neck making him feel horrible his skin tingled he had to take it off, so the man stood up and yanked the offending material off his body and threw it in a draw he never uses.

The man sighed frustrated with everything, he put his head on his desk hoping to drown out the sounds around him. 5 minutes later Morgan came up to his desk, smirking he had seen what happened when his boyfriend walked in. Derek leant against the Dr's desk. "What's up Pretty Boy, everything okay?" He asked in a teasing tone with a hint of concern.

Spencer sighs at his question, and lifts his head to look up at his boyfriend. "I'm fine, jsut having a bad morning Der" he mumbled against the wood, Derek smiles at his Partner before walking back to his desk and grabbing something.

Spencer squeaks when something soft is thrown at him covering his face, he hears Derek laugh a she pulls of the soft fabric covering his face, when he saw what it was the young genius smiles and quickly puts it on, it was one of Derek sweaters a soft one as well, the man always keeps a couple in his desk for Spencer.

Derek smiles as his boyfriend visibly relax are rubbing the soft material on his face, then JJ walks out of her office and up to the briefing room. "Guys we've got a case!" She yells and the team all met in the room.

Once everyone was sat down JJ began explaining the case.

Time skip...

They had been at the police Precinct for 5 minutes and Spencer already doesn't like it, the hole room smells of cigarettes and coffee and the Dr loves coffee but the smell is overwhelming, second its too loud he can hear every chair scrap on the floor, every keyboard keys clicking. He hated it absolutely hell and the worst part Spencer had put his headphones in his travel bag thay they dropped off at the hotels.

Spencer sighs in frustration his sensory alarms arw going off, he had to get somewhere quiet, luckily for him the team were taken to a conference room where they could work. "Reid you work on the geoplan and the timeline of the bodies found, I'll stay here and talk to the sheriff, thebrest of you go to the crime scene they are big ones"says Hotch as he walks off to find the sheriff.

Derek smiles a this boyfriend before leaving with Rossi who was shaking his head at thw two, JJ was talking to the media gathered outside and the others went of to the crime scenes. For the first couple minutes Spencer breathes he could finally hear himself it was so quiet in thw room.

First thing the Dr did was pin up the bodies and write information under them, ans then got a map of the city put and began marking the crime scenes. After doing this Spencer swayed slightly on the spot and began thinking about the case.

As he was thinking he didn't hear the door open, until two very loud officers walk into the room making Spencer jump, suddenly the silence was gone ans replaced with noise he didn't want. He turned to the officer nervously picking at his skin. "Hey Dr we were wondering if ya wanted a coffee?" Asks one of the officers.

Feeling nonverbal Spencer quickly nodded his head and turned back to the board, the officer scoffed, turned ans finally left. But they didn't shut the door and Spencer was too worried he would look rude if he shut it, so the young man paced back and forth until he gave in and crouched in a corner farthest away from all the noise outside.

The 26 year old curled up and began rocking himself and holding his hands over his ears. "Make it stop make is stop" he mumbled to himself, before rocking wasn't enough and he began banging the back if his head against thr wall the pain maki.g him think of something else other than the noise outside, he could feel tears running down his face and he had a meltdown.

As this was happening he didn't feel a pillow being put behind his head, when he didn't feel the pain he cried even more, he still could hear everything happening outside, still rocking the young man put his hands over his ears. He barely hears a voice in front of him. "Can you shut the door for him please" came Hotchs recognisable voice.

This made Spencer relax, be then felt headphones being put of his ears and suddenly it was silent, he felt clamer and safe, he felt a hand gently touch his and he opened his eyes ans saw the familiar brown eyes of his boss.

Spencer eyes widened comically before he saw the worry in Hotches eyes. "You okay Spencer?" He asks softly to the young man, Spencer shook his head and Hotch nods his head. "Feeling Nonverbal?" He asks, once again Spencer froze eyes wide again. Hotch chuckled "Yes I know about being Nonverbal Spencer, I'm Autistic as well so I understand, Meltdown right" he said and Spencer nods his head.

Spencer uncurled himself and sat up, the young man  looked at Hotches chest and he really wanted a hug from the man, like painfully, Hotch understood and he opens his arms inviting the Dr to come closer. Spencer looks at him before slowly turning and so he was sitting in Hotches lap his back to his chest, once he was comfortable Hotch wrapped his arms around Reid. "Tighter?" He asked, Spencer nods his head, Hotch tightened the hug making Spencer relax.

Five minutes later the man feels his voice. "Thank you Hotch" he whispers making Hotch smile "of course Spencer anytime" he said before the two sat in silence until the others got back.

The end!

I hope yoy liked this oneshot, the amount of time I get Meltdowns haha it was  one to wrote about this though, this I'd how I feel during a meltdown

As always I'm sorry for the grammar and Spelling mistakes!

Requests are open!

Word count: 1201