𝟏𝟔 ✫ 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

{Warning! A lot of violence and blood. Please read at own discretion.}

𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 been an angry, sheltered person with severe trust issues. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment in her life that turned her into such a dislikable person, but anyone who has had to deal with the stuff she has dealt with for their whole lives would turn out the exact same way. She was used to feeling angry and bitter. She is used to wanting to hit first and ask questions later. It wasn't an unfamiliar feeling at all. It's just who she is and what her mother and peers made her into.

    But never in her fifteen years has she felt anything like what was burning deep inside her chest at this very moment. This kind of anger was at a new level. There isn't a word in the dictionary to explain just how angry she felt. This feeling was foreign... unfamiliar and dangerous. If Sage was in the right state of mind, she would be terrified of herself.

    But that's part of the problem, isn't it? Sage Rowan is not in the right state of mind. It was like all logic and sense was snuffed out and she was fueled strictly on revenge. Revenge was her outlet. Revenge is the only thing igniting the adrenaline inside of her that was keeping her going despite how badly she must look.

    Everything was passing by in a blur. She was no longer caring about covering her tracks and the only time she actually stopped was to melt snow for drinking water. Nothing else mattered other than following these prints and blood trails. They were her only way to the bastard who just betrayed her. The coward who was so threatened by her that he went back on his word.

    Sage is anything but an idiot... she knew there was something off about Chance Henderson the minute he was reaped for the games. She never trusted him, it is why she never once even thought about being in an alliance with him. If it wasn't for the fact that she never planned on making it out of here, she couldn't align with someone she clearly does not trust.

    But for some naive reason, Sage believed Chance when he gave her his word the night before the games began. She thought he'd at least have some honor... some respect for his District partner.

    Clearly, she was wrong. And Sage does not like to be wrong.

    It has been a few hours since Sage walked away from Lorcan's corpse and began her hunt. Even when night started to loom over her, she didn't stop her pursuit. Chance has had plenty of time to get far away, but he is going to have to stop sooner or later to tend to his wounds, if he hasn't already.

    Speaking of wounds, the slice on her hand was almost completely healed. About twenty minutes after Sage started her pursuit, she had received a parachute with a powerful healing ointment inside and a note from her mentor.