Chapter Nine

I slumped over in the not-so-comfy blue chair in the hospital room

I slumped over in the not-so-comfy blue chair in the hospital room. My back muscles ached from napping in the chair for the past three days. Yes, it had been three days since the rogue attack and the Alpha still hadn't woken out of his unconscious state. Freya stirred in the back of my mind while I did my best to keep myself calm. He had been an asshole to me the entire time. Why was I worrying? I acted nobly by saving his life when I had the chance to escape.

He wouldn't have been in that position if you hadn't decided to escape. My conscience reminded me.

Freya was the one that took control! I quickly blamed.

You still had a choice, My conscience remarked as I rolled my eyes.

"Psst." A high pitched whisper startled me.

"Lily?" I groaned, sitting up right in the chair.

"I didn't mean to wake you." Lily quietly closed the hospital door behind her. Not that it mattered as she not-so-quietly approached, squeezing me tightly causing a few of my bones to crack and crunch.

"How is he?" She eyed me up and down. I could tell by the slight nose scrunch that must've smelled as I had not changed or washed since that day. Despite the doctors and Lily's protests for me to wash up I refused. When any of them would try to force me I'd flash my emerald eyes at them causing them to immediately back off.

"The same." I shrugged, guiltily glancing at his still body. Purple and green bruises were still prominent on his olive tanned skin but from what the healer explained it meant his body was healing.

He had said, "Our Alpha is strong and is showing excellent results in his recovery!"

"How are they excellent results if he isn't even conscious?" Freya had pushed through to ask.

"He will wake soon, Luna." The healer sadly smiled at me before vacating the room.

He'd better, I had kept the thought to myself.

"His bruises are fading quickly. That's a good sign." Lily cleared her throat. Her hands fumbled at her sides as she released a shaky breath.

There was no doubt that she worried about her brother. In fact the entire pack seemed to be on edge. Each of them wanting to visit and pay their respects to their leader and protector. The first evening I stood by the window and noticed pack members had surrounded the hospital. I found the notion very interesting as they remained outside praying for their Alpha day and night.

"Everett would be pleased to know that you've been at his side this entire time." Lily softly spoke. "But he would understand if you decided to leave."

My head swivelled towards her as my gaze narrowed. "How do you know that?"

"I don't expect you to understand as you're not like us." Lily sighed as she explained, "I can feel Everett's and his wolf's presence through the pack link. As his sister I can feel tiny bits of his emotions when he isn't closed off. The day of the rogue attack I could feel an overwhelming amount of fear! Before he became unconscious he mind-linked me. He asked me to make sure you were protected at all costs and that if any of the guards were to try to force you to stay that I would command them to release you."