Chapter 6

After 3 weeks on a ship I have never been so happy to smell the reek of Kings Landing. Jon and Bran both joined the journey as my squires. I sent my Lannister cousin home before he could find out about Mother and Jamie being arrested. Sansa is annoyed by Arya joining us at the capital but I'm hoping that I can find a way to mend their relationship. The direwolves; Ghost, Summer, Lady and Nymeria also joined us but they hate this boat more than I do. I swear I miss speed boats.

Directly after the arrest I had found my Uncle Tyrion and had him locked in a room under guard until we left. I did not want to as I love Tyrion in both my lives but I also know just how far Tyrion will go for Jamie. I plan for him to be under guard with no outside contact until the trials are announced in court so he finds out with everyone else. If it comes to war I know Tyrion will chose me over his father which is good because we will need him if we ever plan to take the rock.

We have managed to keep the arrest quiet on a need to know basis only which is Father, Ned, Myself, Jon, Brienne, Sandor, and Lady Stark. Ned has his most trusted guard guarding them, Rodrik and Jory Castle. My only concern is that somehow one of Little Finger's spies was in Winterfell but we were very careful. The spies I have in the capital have been keeping a close eye on him. I have already spoken to Father and Ned about how tricky dealing with Little Finger could be. We made a thorough plan.

After settling in the Red Keep, I get word from Jon that there is to be a small council meeting. Sitting at the table, I stand when Lord Stark and Father come in with the rest. Father starts talking about throwing a tourney for Ned becoming hand.

"Father, I don't think throwing a tourney is a good idea at the moment. The crown is far too much in debt," I respond with a sigh.

"Joffrey is right. I don't need a tourney thrown for me, much more important matters to handle," Lord Stark says.

"I might not be king for much longer! This could be my last tourney as king. Come Ned, let me have a little fun," Father says with a laugh as the rest of the council looks confused.

"I can always come up with the money, my King. It is my speciality afterall. I am wondering through what you meant by you won't be king much longer," Baelish says with a greedy look in his eye.

"Yes, this is very concerning, My King. Are you unwell? I can come to your chambers later to assist you, your Grace," Pycelle shakily says, trying to sound older than he really is.

"No, No. I'm perfectly healthy, I have decided that in a month's time I will pass the throne to my son. He is young but will be a better king than I ever could," Father informs them.

"My King, Usually the crown is not passed down until the King dies..." Little Finger says.

"Yes Well. I'm the King. I can do as I please," Father exclaims, glaring at the little man.

"Of Course, your Grace. Prince Joffrey has proven to be a very mature and intelligent young man. We are just concerned that perhaps the burden of the crown should not be passed down while he is still so young," Varys explains in that calm voice of his.

"I have thought of this as well, Father. I have also come up with a solution. When you announce my coronation  to the court, I believe the transition will be a lot smoother if you also name Lord Stark as the Protector of the Realm at least until I am 18. That should keep most of the Lord's satisfied," I said calmly, trying not to laugh when literally every pair of eyes got wide except my father's of course.

"Lord Stark is already Hand of the King. He should not also have to deal with the burden of Protector of the Realm. Perhaps someone more experienced with King's Landing should be named instead," Baelish of course has to try to slither into more power.

"Yes, I agree. Why not your own Grandfather, My Prince? Lord Lannister has been Hand of the King before and will no doubt be the most suited for the position," Pycelle pipes up trying to kiss the Old Lion's ass even hundreds of miles away from him.

"Well, No offense Lord Stark, but I was going to name my own hand after my coronation. Not that you are not a wonderful Hand, My Lord. I just know you would prefer not to live the rest of your life in the capital and that you were basically forced into your position," I finish giving my father the side eye. Lord Stark actually gives me a thankful nod.

"My Prince, who did you have in mind for the position?" Pycelle tries to pry.

"I have already made up my mind a long time ago and it will be announced in front of the court after my coronation," I said, getting tired of the conversation.

"Well, as long as we have no more matters to discuss then the meeting is over," Father says standing up with Ned and walking to the door after giving me a certain look to let me know they will be waiting in my office. As the rest get up to leave I stay seated.

"Varys, Uncle Stannis, and Renly could I have a word?" I ask after Little Finger leaves the room. He always is the first to run out of the room and I had planned it this way. They walk back to the table before I motion them to follow me. We made it all the way to my office without a word. When we enter I can see confusion on their faces as they lay eyes on Lord Stark and Father.

After we have explained everything from Mother to Jamie to Pycelle to Baelish there is silence. Varys looks like he knew most of it, Renly just looks lost, and Uncle Stannis just nods unfazed. In two days we will hold court where all charges will be thrown out so no one can run, now we just need to make sure no one suspects anything until then. Before going to rest for the night I start the letter for Grandfather. By the time he gets it, the trails will be announced.

Lord Tywin Lannister,

During the crown's visit to the North some upsetting information was discovered by myself. When the men went on a hunt, I had stayed behind in Winterfell. Sandor Clegane, Brienne of Tarth, and Jon Snow were guarding me while exploring the grounds. Winterfell has one tower they call the broken tower. While passing by I heard odd sounds and went to investigate. Upon closer inspection the sounds were moan and grunts you typically hear coming from a brothel. When I got to the top of said tower I heard a woman's voice. "He saw us! He saw us! Kill him!" I decided to intervene and when I opened the door I saw my mother, Queen Cersei of house Lannister, quickly fixing her dress while my Uncle, Ser Jamie of house Lannister had a handful of Bran Stark's shirt just about to push Lord Stark's 10 year old son out the window of the tower.

As my Mother's firstborn son it pains me to say that both Cersei and Jamie Lannister have thus been arrested and will face trial not only for adultery and incest but also for calaborating with others to orchestrate Hand of the King Jon of house Arryn's death.

I have made a deal with my Father, King Robert of House Baratheon to ensure both my Mother and Uncle keep their heads. The deal is as follows:

Tywin of House Lannister will swear fealty to King Robert of House Baratheon and his heir Joffrey of House Baratheon.

Tywin of House Lannister will receive half of the debt the crown owes upon arrival in the capital and will pardon the rest of the debt the crown owes.

Tywin of House Lannister will swear to not wage war on the crown or houses involved in the trial.

Tywin of House Lannister will bring Ser Gregor of House Clegane and Ser Armory of House Lorch to the capital so they may face charges against House Martell and Dorne.

If each of these are met Ser Jamie of House Lannister will be stripped of his white cloak and all titles, sent to the wall to serve as a brother of the Night's Watch.
Queen Cersei of House Lannister will be stripped of all titles and sent to work as a servant for House Martell. Tyrion Lannister will be named Heir of Casterly Rock or my Brother Prince Tommen of House Baratheon can be named Lannister and presume as heir of Casterly Rock.

If each of these are not met the crown will unseat House Lannister as the Lord Paramount of the Westerlands and Lord of Casterly Rock.

The trials will be held a week after my coronation. If I do not receive a reply or you have not arrived in the capital a week before my coronation, which will be held in a month, the crown will assume House Lannister means to wage war.

Your Eldest Grandchild,

Joffrey of House Baratheon, Crown Prince of the Seven Kingdoms