3.5 • Peace And Chaos

Three weeks had passed. Hooriya didn't try to contact Zayan. She was afraid if he even remembered her or forgot their brief acquaintance. A brief acquaintance. It sounded so ironic. They met only a few weeks ago and immediately they took interest in each other. How childish. And yet she felt sad at the prospect of maybe not meeting him again.

"Hooriya, come downstairs!" She heard her sister calling for her.

Hooriya sighed before getting up from the bed lazily and stomped downstairs in a sour mood.

The living room was empty so she went to the lawn where she saw Zayan sitting with her family.

As she entered the lawn, Zayan's eyes shifted to her. There was a familiarity in his eyes. He remembered her. Her heart filled with happiness at the thought.

"Hooriya, Zayan is here to meet you." Saying so Nawaz Shah stood up from his chair. He patted Hooriya's head as if reassuring her that he will support her decision and left. The gesture only added into Hooriya's confusion.

"Ammi, why don't we go to the kitchen and prepare for lunch?" Hoorain asked her mother.

Hareem Begum looked at her elder daughter with astonishment,"Hoorain Beta, don't say such words. I will get heart attack with shock."

Hoorain scowled at her mother's disbelief on her cooking skills. Now that's a different thing that her cooked food can only be used to kill rats. If humans by mistake ate her food they will either run to the bathroom or to the hospital.

Hareem Begum left with Hoorain pouting at her side leaving Hooriya and Zayan all alone.

Hooriya sat before him who was looking at her nervously.

"So you remembered me?" She started the conversation.

"Yeah, I had lost my memories of the car accident and you. But got them back two days ago. You didn't come to meet me."

"I was afraid. I mean, your father and brother might be habitual to it by now. But it would have hurt me when you won't remember me."

"Maybe. Hooriya... you are the first girl in my life. I didn't know my amnesia and panic attacks will effect us so much. So I want to ask you a question before it's too late."

"Go on."

"Are you willing to accept me with my trauma? With my recurring panic attacks and memory loses. Because it's tiring. For me, Baba and Bhai. And it will be tiring for you too."

"I am asking the same to myself. Zayan, I don't have big dreams. I just want to write articles about home science and enjoy my time with my closed ones. I want to take care of my parents and my sister... and now you too. I don't mind if you will forget me for few days if at the end you will come back to me and give me a hug. I don't care if you get panic attacks, I will be there to calm you." By the end of it, she had tears in her eyes.

"Hooriya, why are you crying?" Zayan asked with a smile.

"I don't know, but I am feeling happy and emotional." She too tried to smile.

Zayan got up from his and went to sit beside her. He held her hands and kissed them before moving to kiss her forehead.

"You are not allowed to do that, young man." They heard Nawaz Shah's threatening voice and found her parents and Hoorain looking at them from a distance. Hareem Begum and Hoorain had tears of happiness in their eyes.

Zayan smiled, but didn't leave her hands.

💘💘💘

Three years laters.

Qubool Hai was said. Congratulations were exchanged. And the Nikkah was done. Oh, not Hooriya and Zayan's. But Hoorain and Shahmir's.

"Finally! Now we can also marry." Zayan beamed while walking in the lawn of Shah household with Hooriya by his side. They were still wearing their traditional outfits.

It was a calm night. Guests had already left. Zayan was there to help with them preparations. It would be the last night when he'd be taking a walk under the moonlight with Hooriya.

"Zayan, tell me honestly, are you excited to get married so that you can finally have sex?" Hooriya asked doubtfully.

"Well, that's one-fourth part of my excitement." Zayan replied quite quirkily.

"What's the other three-fourth part?" Hooriya asked with her hands crossed. She stopped and looked at him sternly.

"The other part is that finally we will live together." He smiled.

"Cheesy much." She looked away and continued the walk. Zayan followed her.

"And Baba and Bhai will stop worrying about me all the time once we get married. And hopefully, Ayan Bhai will also marry some day."

"How I wish Aapi and Ayan Bhai had agreed to marry each other. It would have been so nice." Hooriya sighed.

"Hooriya, they are not compatible. And Shahmir Bhai is such a nice and caring person."

"I know, but Ayan Bhai is a little nicer."

"Don't dwell on something that wasn't meant to happen. Good night." He caressed her hair and went inside to hit the bed. So did Hooriya.

💘💘💘

"Good morning, wifey." Zayan whispered into her ear.

Hooriya stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes,"Good morning."

"How are you feeling?" He caressed her naked back.

It was the morning after their wedding night. The previous night they explored each other's body for the first time. Their kisses were sloppy. Their movements were immature. But they left no chance to express their love for each other.

"I feel okay." Hooriya replied.

"So do you want breakfast in bed?" He asked.

"That will be nice." She smiled sleepily.

"Alright, quickly freshen up and I'll bring your breakfast." Saying so Zayan left the room.

Hooriya smiled to herself while getting up from the bed. Naked. She quickly grabbed a dress and took a quick shower.

They had their breakfast together while discussing the events of their wedding. It wasn't as difficult as it seemed. Their life was like a painting of peace with hues of chaos here and there. It was chaotic at some places, but overall it was filled with peace.

✿ T H E E N D ✿

•••

Question: Would you really agree to marry only so that you can have sex?

Me: I seriously don't know the answer 😭

•••

I hope you liked this story.
Next one will be Ayan's story and I'm very excited for that one.

And do think about the question I asked.

You can follow me on Instagram too.

Good Night 😴

And I highly recommend watching Wahaj Ali's new drama called Jurm.