Chapter 24: The Final Chapter

Rowena couldn't say her life flashed before her eyes when Angelina aimed a gun at her

Rowena couldn't say her life flashed before her eyes when Angelina aimed a gun at her. Instead, she felt a tidal wave of red hot anger.

"You want to shoot me, Angelina?" Rowena asked, stepping forward, throwing her shoulders back.

"Baby," Cross said in a cautious tone.

"Don't worry, Cross. This isn't my first rodeo. I've had gang members, cops, and even my cousin Felix aim a gun at me. I won't even talk about what I went through when my ex-boyfriend cheated on me."

"Stop talking," Angelina roared. Her hand shook. "You ruined everything! You stupid human!"

"Put the gun down, Angelina," not-Sylvia ordered in an even tone. "I know what you did."

"You know nothing!"

"You were involved in Karen's death. I know that much," not-Sylvia said.

"You killed Karen?" Rowena screeched.

Raven laughed. Bubbled sobbed.

"They were going to kill her." Angelina pointed to the two fairies. "I tried stopping them."

"You're lying!" Bubbles argued. "That human, Karen, overheard Queen Daisy giving us orders to reveal who we were to the humans. She tried to blackmail us."

"So you drowned her in a toilet?" Rowena asked. "None of us liked her, but no one deserves to die in dirty toilet water."

Cross shook his head.

"We were just trying to scare her," Bubbles insisted. She pointed a finger at Angelina. "But she came into the bathroom and heard Karen mention the Queen's secret mission to us. She finished the job but said she'd report us to PUN. She held our hands over Karen's head."

"You let a shifter boss you around?" King Giles asked.

All the shifters growled at his tone.

Bubbles wiped her tears with the back of her hand. "She said she would help us cover up the crime. That the next person who came in would take the fall for Karen's death."

"Shut up!" Angelina yelled. "You two are so annoying. I helped you by framing that idiotic human. I even planted the anesthesia in her home. All I asked in return was a love potion. You fairies are worthless!"

"She forced us to make her pretty," Raven admitted. "She said she'd tell King Giles our plan if we didn't help her."

"You wanted a love potion?" Abby asked.

"To make Cross fall in love with you?" Liam wondered aloud.

"Cross should've always been mine," Angelina insisted. "My tarot cards told me so."

Rowena leaned back into Cross and whispered, "You dodged a bullet. She's craaaazy."

"I am not crazy! Cross and I were meant to be until you came into the picture. The fairies lied and said they couldn't give me a love potion. I just wanted things to go back to how they were. I wanted Cross to love me again."