Chapter - 8 (ii)

---

[ when you get jealous of his girl best friend ]

---

The night sky was covered with thick clouds as you sat on the couch, tapping your feet and patiently waiting for Taehyung. It was 9 already, when was he going to return?

Your phone vibrated, breaking your trance. You glanced at the caller id and wasted no time in picking up the call. "Hello Tae-"

"Hey Y/n. Somi wants to have dinner outside." You stared at the food you cooked with so much effort kept on the dining table. "But Tae, I already made dinner for you." There was silence from the other side. Perhaps he might rethink his decision and come back home? But what were you even dreaming of?

"You have your dinner Y/n. I'll have mine with Somi. Also, I'll be dropping Somi to her home, so I'll be late. Go to sleep after eating okay? Bye!"

The beep sound indicated that the call was disconnected. Your phone dropped from your hand on the couch as you sat there all numb. You were speechless. He had never denied your food, no matter how full he was. There was this one time when he forgot to tell you about his business meet where he would also have his dinner, so like usual you had cooked dinner and were waiting for him. He came home late at night and even though he had his dinner, he still ate whatever you cooked for him. "I can't let your hardwork and care go in vain sweetheart." That's what he said that night, then what happened to him now?

The time skipped and now it was 1 at night. The minutes were slowly passing by and each and every second was painful for you. You were laying on the bed under the duvet, but you weren't able to sleep.

How could you? When your husband was out with a girl, his so-called 'best-friend'? This thing wouldn't have irritated you this much, but their actions hurt you, Taehyung's actions hurt you. He was ignoring you as if you didn't matter to him. Yes you accept that he met Somi after a very long time, but everything has a limit, and not only Somi, but Taehyung had crossed his as well.

Their behavior wasn't acceptable for you. Did you really not matter to him? Or was Somi more important than you? What if...

You shook your head and shut your eyes tight, trying to block away the negative thoughts. That's when you heard the sound of footsteps. You sat on the bed, and soon, the door of your bedroom opened as Taehyung entered. He switched on the light and removed his coat, tossing it on the couch and then his eyes fell on you.

"Oh Y/n! You're awake? What happened?" You rolled your eyes at him. "Such a splendid day it was! Somi is fun!" He giggled. "Ah I see. You must have really enjoyed your day, Mr Husband." You stressed on the word 'husband' making him frown. "Y/n what's the matter?"

You got down the bed and folded your arms infront of your chest. "What's the matter? Taehyung, are you for real? After ignoring me, after making me feel left out, after actually leaving me behind, you are asking me 'what's the matter'?" You let out in a calm tone, but somehow it infuriated him. "So what do you think I was supposed to do? Ignore Somi? Not talk to her? Turn down her request cuz you didn't want me to go with her?"