2. real life!

FAYE CLOSED the trunk of her jeep after putting the last box in the vehicle. she had double, triple, and quadruple checked that she hadn't missed a single thing before finally declaring she was finished packing.

after graduation, she spent her final summer as a high schooler partying, shopping, and going to the beach with cece. she wanted to make her last summer in tampa the most memorable.

despite that, she made sure she kept working hard through the summer. everyday she was on the court, spending anywhere from 1 to 5 hours practicing.

she didn't need to practice so hard, she was already well conditioned and harbored extensive talent when it came to basketball. but it was going to be her first year at Uconn, and she didn't want to fall behind.

she walked inside her house, walking over to the lounge room, where her mother sat, staring out the window with longing eyes. she was most likely high on something, as usual.

"i'm about to head out." faye says, in an overly casual tone. she said it like she was making a grocery run or heading to practice, but neither of those were true. she was leaving home, and not looking back.

"okay. have fun at school, julie." her mother said, causing faye to internally wince. no one really ever called her julie, it was always faye. her mother, on the other hand, called her by the name, while her father just full on used "julianne". they never once called her their daughter.

faye nodded slowly, before turning around and walking down the long, bare hallway. she stop at the end, in front of the large wooden door.

the door was to her fathers office. she knew he would be inside because he always was, which neither her nor her mother minded. when he was in his office, he wasn't near them.

apart of her didn't want to say goodbye, she wanted to leave the house, and let her father live with not getting a goodbye. but she knew she couldn't do that, she wasn't as cruel as he was.

reluctantly, she brought her hand up to the door, placing a firm knock against the wood.

she heard a muffled voice on the other end, which was her father telling her to come in.

she opened the door, stepping into the office. bookshelves held books that hadn't been touched in years, a sofa that nobody ever sat on was set right by the extravagant fireplace, which was almost never lit. and a giant desk was placed directly in the middle of the room, pretty much the only piece of furniture in the room that was used.

her father sat at the desk, his head down, focused on some paperwork. he didn't bother to look up, and she didn't care.

"im about to leave." she said, in a dead tone. she saw him nod, so she just turned around with a slight eye roll and went to leave.

"i transferred your college funds into your bank account, you won't need it for tuition because of the scholarship. you can use the money how you please. i doubt you'll need anymore until you get a job, but you know the number for our family accountant." faye wanted to scoff, it was her fathers way of saying goodbye. money. she didn't mind it, she liked money just as much as the next person, but she was surrounded by money and wealth since the day she was born, what she never had was affection by those who created her.

instead of replying, she continued out the door, walking down the barren hallways until she reached the front door. without hesitation, she opened the doors and strides out of the big house.

getting into her car, she first started the engine before texting cece to tell her she was leaving.

cece bug 💕