Chapter 5

It's been about 3 weeks since me and Sangwoo started texting each other. We haven't met up yet to see each other face to face since he gave me his number purely because either one of us were busy or it wasn't a good day. My nightmares are still continuing to plague my sleep. Some nights are worse than others. I've been meaning to try and see my therapist again but her free days don't line up with my free days, typically isn't it.

Me: "So I was thinking of grabbing coffee today at my favourite cafe, if you'd want to join? "
I open my phone and send a text to Sangwoo, laying on my bed watching the ceiling fan spin round and round. I'll admit, messaging to meet him made me kinda anxious. All the times we tried to plan to meet it was him asking me, this was the first time I'd asked about it.
'Why am I so nervous right now? Chill out brain!'

Sangwoo: "Sure! Time and address? I'll be there."
I jump at the vibration of my phone going off, pulling me out of my anxious stare. My hands shake as I read his reply.
'Please be good please be good..... YESS!'
I hop off of my bed, speedily stomping my feet like an excited child.

"Yo Y/N! You good up there?!"
Sam calls from downstairs. I didn't think I was banging that loud.
Maybe I got a little bit TOO excited. But me and Sangwoo have been texting a lot, even though it's only been 3 weeks. The talking has been constant. He's really sweet and funny and kind. He gets my humour and I get his, although sometimes his humour comes off a tiny bit rude but I'm not sure if he's actually aware of that or not. Like for example sometimes we'll be joking around about stuff and he'll call me dumb or pathetic, one time he even used the R word, which I did definitely scold him for but he instantly apologised. After having a mother who was physically and mentally disabled as she got sick, we heard the R word a lot from strangers so it's a bit of a sore spot for me.

I replied to Sangwoo saying I was looking forward to seeing him in better circumstances as well as the name of the cafe and time we could meet for.

"SAM! SAM COME UPSTAIRS !!"
I cant believe I have an actual date with Sangwoo! Well, no, not a date, just a meet as friends... but still, I want to dress nice! And Sam always knows which outfits look best on me so I definitely want his opinion.

"IM HERE *gasp* IM HERE! *GASP* I was smoking at the back door *gasp* and I heard you call, I almost inhaled my cigarette *GASP* ARE YOU OKAY?!?"
He splutters as he struggles to catch his breath practically choking on air. I couldn't help but giggle a little bit which caused a bit of a confused or annoyed reaction from Sam.

"Heh heh I'm okay Sam, sorry for making you panic! I actually just need your help with deciding an outfit!"
He stares at me with disbelief as he hunched over resting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.
'Okay no I actually feel kinda bad for calling him so desperately'

"An outfit? What for?"
He huffs, finally regaining his breath and standing back up straight, inhaling and exhaling deeply to calm himself from the mild panic I accidentally caused.

"Well you know that guy I told you about? Sangwoo, who I completely embarrassed myself infront of at work? We're meeting for coff-"
I paused once I saw the notification pop up on my phone screen, it was a text from Sangwoo.

Sangwoo: "Great, I'm looking forward to our date"

"For coffee? Were you going to say Y/N?"
Sam speaks up after I left the conversation suddenly in silence, my heart was absolutely racing.

"A date... a coffee date! SAM! HE CALLED IT A DATE!!"
I suddenly got all giddy and started bouncing up and down, grabbing Sams arm to bounce him around with me.

"Oh wow Y/N, that's..awesome"
He smiled weakly at me, almost like it was forced. But I was too excited to even question it.

"So?! C'mon what should I wear!!"
I basically yell into his ear as I shake him back and forth. His weak smiled beamed into a bright one as he burst out laughing at my vigorous shaking of his shoulders. He raises his arms in false surrender and makes his way to my closet.

"You always look good in F/C so I think you should wear this."
He pulls out a really cute F/C top. The fact he knew that it was my favourite colour is so sweet, he really was such a good friend to me and I was lucky to have him by my side!
"And then maybe just some jeans or something?"
He continues to add, holding up some jeans and corduroys beside the top.

"Thank you Sam! This will be such a cute outfit!"
I give him a big hug, to which he hugs me back tightly. He almost seemed to sigh as we let go.

"Well, I'm gonna go finish my cigarette and hopefully not choke on it this time.. I really hope you have a good date Y/N... you deserve it."
He beamed a smile my way before leaving my room. Hearing this meet be called a date again out loud really made my stomach flutter.
'Im so nervous but so excited at the same time!! Eeeee!! IM GOING ON A DATE EEE!'