"Love Letter" Excerpt

When I was sixteen years old you wouldn't have been able to tell me that you and I weren't going to be together.

My mind was fixated on the image I got of you. Your blank page fascinated me but all your colors in between, the black red and grey threw me off completely...

As we grew as people we struggled with seeing eye to eye because you were always more than just a friend while I was just the home girl that some more developed girls will grow to not be able to stand.

Generally speaking you were something like any other man.. don't know a good thing until it's gone.. you know, when things don't go according to your plan!?

You sleep around and play around then want to return back to that girl thats always been down?

You snooze you lose, im not SZA I don't look better when I'm under you.

Pardon me if I make it hard for you to do the things you should be. Excuse me if I know my worth and I'm over this whole entire thing.

I tried to be kind and sugar coat my message but fuck the sugar and lets skip right on over to the rejections.

You're advances are no longer accepted.

Back then I knew nothing of what my faith really consisted of but I'm ready to receive my blessings.

I now understand what happened when I "died"

I had told myself a lie, put the image of some guy in my head and ran with it all the way to my death bed.

I can't help you anymore, I choose me instead,

The old me is dead!

and I think this is the way that I like things...

My blood is on your hands.

- LaDonna
7/4/2023