CHAPTER 17

Saturday morning

Mia's pov

"Ella let me sleep!!". I shout under my blanket. "It's 10:00 a.m. and it's Saturday, leave me alone!".

"Stop acting like a baby and get up, it's Jeremiah's birthday today!" She shouts excitedly.

I get up from under my blanket and yell "WAIT WHAT REALLY??". I had no idea.

"Yes, go get ready, we're going to his dorm to surprise him!!!. I did as she told me.

I do my morning routine, wear a hoodie with black shorts, and let my long brown hair down and finally I put on some mascara, and we walk out of our dorm.

I remembered the kiss of last night, it was really great, just thinking about Jer gives me butterflies in my stomach, I hope he likes me, because I like Jeremiah.

We arrive in front of their dorm and Jason opens the door.

"Hi girls, what are you doing here?" he asks confused.

"Today is Jeremiah's birthday, we came to surprise him." Ella answers.

We enter their dorm, Ella waits in the living room, when I go to drink water in the kitchen.

"Did you have fun yesterday on your date?" Jason asks curiously.

"Yes, it was great, we-" before finishing my sentence, I remembered the way Jason reacted yesterday, and if I told him that we kissed his jealousy would kill Jer.

"What did you do?"He questions me.

Before I answer I hear Jer coming, when he sees me he approaches me kisses me on the cheek and says: "Hi princess, I missed you." then he puts his arms on my waist.

Jason doesn't say anything, he comes out of the kitchen and leaves the dorm, slamming the door behind him.Wow,I've already seen Jason angry,but at this point he didn't even glance at Jer,he was so mad that he left without saying a single word.

Jeremiah starts kissing me, and Ella walks into the kitchen.

"How could you do this to me Mia? You are my best friend! and you know I'm in love with Jeremiah! I hate you!".She screams and tears come out of her eyes, then she walks out of the kitchen, and leaves the dorm, slamming the door behind her.

I can't believe it,I ruined my friendships with Jason and Ella in less than a second , all because of my love for Jeremiah.

"Are you okay?" Jeremiah asks me.

"I felt better before, but it's okay." I lied.

"I think I'll go back to my dorm, I don't feel well." I lied again.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jer asks me very worried.

"No I'll be fine."Before leaving I turn around and say: "Jer don't worry, I'll fix everything, I will always love you and I won't risk our relationship because of a jealous guy ,but Ella is my best friend, I'll see what I can do, without breaking our couple." Jeremiah walks over and kisses me passionately.

I walk into our dorm and Ella isn't there.

I looked for her all weekend without finding her, I'm starting to worry, I think she won't want to talk to me, ever again.

It's Sunday afternoon, I just got back to my dorm and Ella is still not here, I looked for her everywhere, but she disappeared, I broke the trust of my best friend and Jason's, I cried all night until I fell asleep, I hope I will see them tomorrow.

Sunday afternoon (same day),

Jason's pov

Yesterday the first girl I loved broke my heart I stormed out of the dorm and climbed to the roof of the school with Ella, no one else knows this place.

"Are you okay?" I asked Ella, she cried so much, I can't believe what Mia did to her, I didn't think she was capable of that. She was so nice, and calm with Ella ,and overnight Jeremiah and Mia are together, and I find myself with a broken heart, and a broken friend.

"Yes I'm fine, it's just that I never thought that Mia would be able to do this to me. We've been best friends since the beginning of the year, I never tried to interfere in her love life.And her, she steals the guy that I like. It's too many events in one evening, I haven't slept all night, I hate her and Jeremiah." she clearly lied in that last sentence, but love hurts, and that's a fact.

"You know what, I have an idea." I say with a mischievous look.

"And what is this genius idea?" She replies, wiping away her tears.

"Me and you are going to pretend to be a couple." I answer.

"And how will that help? Mia isn't in love with you. And Jeremiah isn't in love with me, they won't be jealous at all, they won't care." Ella replies.

"I know that, but if you and I act like a couple, maybe we could make them jealous, maybe I could make Mia jealous, after all she loved me a little before. I can bring her feelings back, like that she will break up with Jeremiah, and he will have his heart broken so you will go and confort him, and you will kiss him, and maybe he will fall in love with you. "I say.

"Actually your plan is not bad at all, tomorrow we'll use it, it might take some time for them to react, but there's no harm in trying." Ella said, raising her eyebrow.

"Can you forgive Mia after yesterday?"I question her.

"I really want to have my best friend back but I think it's going to take me some time, and you too, I think it's going to take you a some time to forgive Jeremiah right?." She answers.

"Yes it's true, but imagine if they break up but Jeremiah still doesn't love you and Mia doesn't love me, we will break their hearts, and if they find out, they will be even more angry than us. "I say smartly.

"Yeah, you're right, I really don't want to lose Mia forever, so hopefully this plan works,we have to be very careful,we can't look suspicious." Ella tells me.

"Are you going to talk to her this week?" I ask.

"Yeah, and you need to talk to Jeremiah too, so we can act like a couple in front of them." I nod.

Hopefully this plan works out well.I can't lose Mia and Jeremiah forever.He's my bestfriend after all,and Mia is the girl that I want a future with,she's the first girl that I've loved.