Chapter 15: Powerless

The battleground is set in a rocky field, debris scattered from the intense battle that had taken place moments ago. The air is charged with tension as Korn, an angel with a serene demeanor, stands before Frieza and Vegito, both looking battle-worn but triumphant.

The afternoon sun cast long shadows across the battered landscape, its warm glow contrasting the aftermath of the fierce confrontation that had shaken the very planet beneath them. Amidst the debris and the lingering scent of charged energy, Korn, an angel with a calming presence amidst the chaos.

Frieza smirked with a glint of malevolence in his eyes, and Vegito, the fusion of two powerful Saiyans, crossed his arms with a confident grin. Their victory was undeniable, their prowess unmatched, and they reveled in the glory of their conquest.

Korn's gaze remained steady, his eyes filled with a profound wisdom that seemed to pierce through the bravado of his adversaries. "I must admit, I did not expect to witness such a display of power today," he began, his voice carrying an otherworldly resonance that demanded attention.

"Liquiir's final moments were nothing short of extraordinary," he continued, paying tribute to the fallen destroyer god who had fought valiantly before them.

Frieza sneered mockingly, "Ah, you're that angel who was close to Liquiir. Shame what happened to him, but it was necessary."

Vegito's smirk widened, "Heh, guess he couldn't handle the heat."

Korn's serene demeanor remained unshaken as he addressed the triumphant warriors, "Liquiir held no resentment towards you, Frieza, Vegito. He understood the nature of the battle and accepted its consequences. He only did what his job entailed him to do, destroy. However, I hope you realize that his strength and determination will forever inspire those he fought for."

Frieza's eyes narrowed, and he chuckled darkly, "Oh, how touching. But it's a shame he couldn't defeat us, isn't it?"

Vegito added, "We're just too powerful for him."

Korn nodded slowly, acknowledging their might, "Liquiir knew the risks, yet he faced them head-on, with valor and unwavering conviction. Your victory may be a testament to your strength, but his sacrifice speaks volumes about the character of a true warrior."

Frieza scoffed, his pride evident, "Sacrifice? Heh, all I see is another fallen opponent. Nothing more, nothing less."

Vegito chimed in, "Exactly. That's the way of battle."

But Korn remained undeterred, his voice gentle but resolute, "Battle may be part of your nature, but it's also a chance for growth, to learn from each encounter. Liquiir's spirit will live on in those who fight for justice and defend the innocent."

Frieza's patience wore thin, "Spare me your lectures, angel. I've heard enough."

Vegito added with folded arms, "Yeah, we're not here for a sermon. He should have seen this coming when he played a part in destroying my home! But that was a good fight.

Korn's serene smile persisted as he addressed them, "And a good fight you had. But remember, true power is not measured solely in strength but in the impact you leave on the lives of others."

Frieza's glare intensified, "I never thought I would see a timeline this...fucked up. But here I am, on a journey to kill the Gods."

Vegito smirked, "And nothing will stand in our way."

"It's a pity you can't see beyond your own desires," Korn said gently. "Liquiir's legacy will remain as a reminder that even the mightiest warriors can find greatness in selflessness."

In the dimming light of the rocky field, Vegito's confident smirk played on his lips as he addressed Korn, the serene angel who stood before him. Frieza, intrigued by the exchange, watched with keen interest, relishing the prospect of any vulnerability in the heavenly beings.

"Before your dear brother Whis freed me from that prison," Vegito began, his voice laced with a calculated tone, "he told me one glaring weakness about you angels."

Korn's calm composure faltered for a fleeting moment, his usually composed facade cracking at the mention of his sibling's name. "No...he didn't...you don't know what you're talking about," Korn asserted, trying to regain control of the situation.

A wicked gleam danced in Vegito's eyes, "Yes, I do. You see, once a God of Destruction is killed, the attending angel loses their powers temporarily until a new God of Destruction is chosen."

Korn's expression shifted from composed to terrified, the revelation hitting him like a crushing blow. "But why would Whis tell you this?" he stammered, his voice barely a whisper.

Vegito's smirk grew wider, the thrill of exposing a vulnerability in the powerful angel filling him with satisfaction. "I'm going to enjoy beating you down," he taunted.

Frieza, surprised by this newfound knowledge, observed the exchange with keen interest. "That's a shame," Frieza interjected, "even if I absorb you now, I will not get your powers."

The tension in the air heightened, the battlefield becoming a stage for more than just physical combat. Secrets and vulnerabilities were laid bare, and the power dynamics between the three mighty beings shifted.

In the dying light of the day, the stakes had been raised. Korn, once an embodiment of serenity, was now faced with the knowledge that they knew the weakness of the Angels. Vegito, the formidable fusion, reveled in the newfound advantage he possessed.

The rocky field trembled under the weight of tension as Frieza and Vegito closed in on Korn, the powerless angel. Korn's once serene demeanor now betrayed fear and vulnerability as he faced the combined might of his formidable adversaries.

Vegito's smug grin widened, relishing the opportunity to take down a celestial being. "Looks like your angelic powers won't be saving you this time," he taunted, cracking his knuckles as he prepared for the battle ahead.

Frieza's malicious smirk mirrored Vegito's, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "Oh, how the mighty have fallen," he sneered, circling Korn like a predator sizing up its prey.

Korn knew he was at a disadvantage, but he refused to back down. He took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves as he spoke with determination. "You may have stripped me of my powers, but my resolve remains unshaken," he said, his voice quivering only slightly.

Vegito lunged forward with blinding speed, his fist aimed at Korn's face. Despite his powerlessness, the angel instinctively dodged the attack, narrowly avoiding Vegito's devastating blow. However, before he could react, Frieza struck from behind, his tail whipping at Korn's legs and knocking him off balance.

Korn stumbled but quickly regained his footing. He retaliated with a swift strike of his own, but Vegito effortlessly parried the attack, sending Korn reeling backward.

The two warriors continued their relentless assault, their blows raining down on Korn like a torrential storm. He tried to hold his ground, but he was outmatched by their combined strength and speed.

Frieza's malicious laughter filled the air as he observed Korn's futile attempts to defend himself. "Pathetic," he mocked, delivering a powerful punch that sent Korn crashing into a boulder.

Vegito followed up with an energy blast, enveloping Korn in a searing explosion. The force of the blast threw the angel even further back, leaving him sprawled on the ground, battered and bruised.

Korn gritted his teeth, refusing to yield to his adversaries. He struggled to stand, and he shielded himself from their relentless assault.

Vegito and Frieza closed in once more, ready to deliver the final blow. With a combined energy assault, Korn the Angel of the 8th universe was defeated.