Nine.

Attitude.
Chapter nine.

VINCENT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I groaned and rubbed at my eyes when I heard Zander's soft voice waking me. "No." I waved my hand, trying to shoo him away. "You have to get ready for work, love."

I whined, "Perverted Paul is there.." I mumbled, Zander sighed and chuckled. "Can I meet this Paul?"

"He's actually called Connor." I squint at my caregiver, "Then can I meet this Connor?"

"Connor doesn't suit him." I mutter, "And you shouldn't be calling him perverted." Zander boops my nose and I feel my cheeks heat up. "Fine..I'll invite him for tea or something." I mumbled and sit up. "Thank you." Zander ruffled my hair.

"I'll make your lunch. I'm assuming you don't like jam?" Zander asked, "How'd you know?" I grumble, "You barely took a bite out of the sandwich I made you."

"Oh, yeah, hate jam. Can I have a cheese and cucumber sandwich?" I ask and Zander nods. He then leaves and I get in the shower.

I get dressed and brush my teeth, when I get downstairs there's a bowl of cookie crisp on the table and I sit there. I begin to eat when my mind goes to last night and my cheeks begin to burn.

I managed to slip into littlespace. It was.. nice. It was like nothing mattered in the world except from what might happen if I didn't have Marley with me. Now that I'm older. Everything matters again. How I need to be wary in case I see him again. How my dad needs to get sober. How my mum is dead. My whole past.

"Vincent, is something on your mind?" Zander asks, I look up from my now empty bowl. When did I finish that?

"No."

He gives me a skeptical look but doesn't ask anything more.

It's my second day of work and I really don't want to go. What if I fake being sick? Nah. Plus, I gotta ask Perverted Paul to tea.

"Come on, let's get going then." Zander gives me a smile and passes me my bag. "Thank you." I mumble, we put our shoes on and get into the car.

Once he gets to my work, he helps me out his car. Hugs me and kisses my forehead, reminding me to eat lunch and drink plenty of water. I smile softly and wave as he drives away.

Once he's out of sight, I pull out a cigarette and begin to smoke it.

"Smoking is bad for you, little one." I hear that annoying voice say. I'll let you think who it is.

Perverted Paul.

"I don't care and don't call me little one." I say and finish off the cigarette. "Does your caregiver know you smoke?" Connor raises a brow at me and leans against the wall. "No." I give him a glare and he chuckles. "Your glares aren't scary."

"Fuck off." I snap. "Hm." He squints at me and I grimace. I groan as I remember this dickhead has to have dinner with us tonight. If he says yes.

"Zander was wondering if you wanted to join us for dinner tonight." I mumble, "Oh? You're talking about me?" Connor smirks, "Ha! Nothing good."