|| PART III ||

Before Willow could even get a good look at herself after she had been dressed. In yet another uncomfortable corseted dress. A dress made of red velvet with long puffed sleeves and a collar all the way up to her neck. Roux led her down the hallway. The entire walk there, she had assured Willow everything would be fine. She voiced how long Warren's search had lasted. She was happy for her brother-in-law that he had finally found the one he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with. Willow had kept silent most of the time. Roux had stopped at the doors and took Willow's hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Remember what I told you, don't speak unless spoken..." Roux warned her. "You'll do just fine..." she said, kissing Willow on the cheek before leading her inside.

The dark crowded room fell silent when the doors opened. All eyes had fallen onto Willow. The first Unseelie to ever stand before the Monarchy's vampiric court. She swallowed hard as Roux led her forward. Most of the vampires were men, some had wives beside them, others didn't. Willow was to sit in the middle of the room. For everyone to study her. Many whispered amongst each other. Soon the room had blown up. Everyone had begun to argue and many had pointed out that an Unseelie had no place in these castle walls. Some even shouted slurs in her direction. Furious and disgusted that a Fae was even considered as an option. The room fell silent once more when the King entered the room. Everyone in the room had risen from their seats and bowed. The King walked up to Willow. She curtsied low in respect. The King had never seen someone curtsy so low. He kissed her hand, telling her she may rise and sit back down. The King approached the podium. The King raised his hand to silence the room completely.

"The Court today is presented to Raven of the Midnight Court, due to her court disbanding, she has been living under the name Willow Ardot..." The King announced. "She is of Unseelie descent and as I understand, many of you are not happy with her race" he pointed out. "Believe me I am not happy about it either but my son has left me no choice..." he said.

Roux turned her head and looked at Warren. She could see the anxiety in his eyes. She reached out and touched his arm. She knew how badly Warren needed this, how happy it would make him. He had been searching for so long and now. Now was the opportunity for his search to come to an end. Roux knew how long Warren had been alone. He wanted more than anything to find his beloved Princess. Whom one day would become his Queen But it was the King's last word. Warren feared his father would disapprove of her. Vampires despised Fae, most of them were slaves.

"I see a few new faces in our court today, some of our kind have come to vouch for Miss Ardot..." The King stated.

Willow lifted her head and looked at Roux to see her fanning herself. Roux winked at her and smiled. Warren couldn't help but stare at Willow. How beautiful she looked in that red velvet dress. After all, it was his favourite colour.

"Miss Ardot is one of the finest Antiquarians in the world, she has restored some of the oldest books in history including detrimental vampiric texts... Not only has she saved many of history's most important books but has also played an important part in restoring ancient vampiric texts that would be lost if she hadn't saved them..." The King said. "Which proves to me that Miss Ardot, who was formerly a member of the Midnight Court, has left her hunting life behind her..." he said. "Allow me to note she has little to no criminal history, other than stealing an old book from an elder vampire..." he stated.

Warren anxiously waited for his father's answer as was the rest of the court. Roux could see that Warren was restless at this point. She took his hand and squeezed it in an attempt to comfort him.

"On this day... Your crimes will be forgiven and your race dismissed, you will be the first of your kind to enter this royal family and I am happy to accept you into your court..." The King announced.