24

Chapter Twenty Four
"Yaar yeh mere sath hi kyu hota hai."
[Why does this always happen with me?]

× ANANYA ×

"Namaste Aunty, Namaste Uncle" I bent down to touch both of their feet.
[Namaste:- A form of greeting in India]

"Arey betiyaan pair nahi chuti. Bahu bankar chuna" Aunty joked, stopping me halfway.
[Daughters don't touch feet, Be our Daughter-in-law and then you can]

I glanced at Sahil waiting for his help in this awkward situation, and noticed him glaring at his Mom who just ignored him.

"Aunty-" I was cut off by her.

"I know that you are going to repeat the lie my son taught you, but don't, we know everything and we understand it too. This is your age, so like you people say chill" She smiled at me and I looked at Sahil, directing him to speak up through my eyes, he shook his head, disagreeing and wanted me to say something.

"Dekho, Aabhi bhi aankhon aankhon mei isshare kar rahe hai" His father said teasingly.
[See, now also they are speaking through eyes]

"Aap galat samaj rahe hai-"
[You are taking it the wrong way-]

"Sab sahi samaj rahe hai hum. We also had a love marriage, we understand you totally but no need to hide anything, we are rather happy, very happy" A smile as bright as a kid, when he gets his demand fulfilled, was present on both of thier faces.
[We are understanding everything correctly]

Damn, Love marriages are allowed? Wow.

I was impressed by his parents. I mean, parents like these do exist? I would willingly switch parents if that was an option because man, these people are really chill.

If they don't listen to what we are saying, I'll be ready to become their daughter-in-law in a few minutes, but just thier DIL not anyone's wife, okay.

Both of his parents had a positive and bright personality which eventually leads to anyone around them feel comfortable and happy within some time.

"Nevermind, you guys continue your acting later, let us all go and eat, now that we met her. I'm hungry" His dad said and Aunty nodded.

"Aapne nasta nahi Kiya?"  I asked.
[You guys didn't have breakfast?]

"Nahi, Hum tumhare liye ruke the" I nodded.
[No, we were waiting for you]

I felt more affection from them in these 15 minutes than I ever felt from my own parents.

"Before that, I want to take a selfie with her"

Enhone mujhe apni hone wali Bahu maan hi liya haina?
[They already considered me as their future daughter-in-law, didn't they?]

Aunty glared at someone behind me, and when I turned back, I noticed Sahil shaking his head in a 'No'. He didn't want me to take a picture with his Mom? How mean is that.

His Dad noticed, and dragged him to the kitchen while saying "tu mere sath chal kitchen mein, madat kar meri sab dining table par laane mein"
[You come with me and help me bringing everything from kitchen to dining table]