chapter 25 / Sangeet (1)

Next Morning

Everyone was gathered in the living room , while the youngsters were sitting at a far. Harshita's father was laughing with Mr. Malhotra.

  The boys and the girls looked at eachother and nodded, approving eachother for their upcoming step. Abhinav cleared his throat grabbing everyone's attention towards him.

"Umm... Uncle? Ek baat puchni agar aap bura na ma1ne to.." he hesitated while looking at Harshita's father. He made a quick eye contact with harshita who was confused as hell.

"Haa. kya baat hai beta?" Harshita's father looked at him with a slight smile.

"Um...pichle din, Mera matlab  mehendi ceremony ke din...Dulha nehi Aya? Actually I was just curious and wanted to meet him yesterday but...he didn't show up" Abhinav said with a nervous smile which was fake. He was confidently doing his act while on the other hand the boys and girls were proud of him.

The hall went dead silent. The elders except Harshita's father looked at eachother and frowned.

Yes...right....we hadn't seen mohan anywhere yesterday.... This thought was lingering in eveyone's head.

"Are haa , Humne bhi dulha ko pichle din Nehi dekha. Nilesh, kya baat hai?" Mr. Chowdhury asked . Concern and worry was written on his face.

Harshita's father , Nilesh was too stunned to speak, he knew it was going to come but he never expected that it would come up that way. Everyone was looking at him for answers. His palms began to sweat as well as his forehead.

And suddenly he came up with a plan.

Harshita's father sighed. "Ab kya batau,  Mohan ko 5 crore ki ek deal aa padi . Ab wo kya bhi kar sakta tha? Use kal meeting attend karna hi pada. Itna acha ladka hai , aap manoge Nehi! Mujhe pichle din se leke Aaj Tak sorry bole ja raha hai. Maine socha business ka mamla hai to maine bhi use maaf kar diya. Aaj Sam ko aa raha hai wo tab mil lena aap sab. Aur abhinav beta , aap bhi" Nilesh finished with a small smile.

Everyone smiled. Little did they know it was lie ( except the Planners) .

The boys & the girls looked at eachother and and then turned their head to Harshita's father. They smiled at him before getting up.

"Aap sab baat karein. Hum thodi der ke liye garden ja rahe hai" Karthik excused himself along with others before leaving the hall. Abhinav side eyes harshita and assured her with a small mod which unnoticed by the elders.

At garden

"My god...unhone kitni asani se juth bol diya! I can't believe it! It was smooth but steady damnnn!"  Tanvi exclaimed being shocked by his act.

"Really. I am 100% sure that it was just one of his way of lying" Mehak stated confidently.

"Guysss! Dhire dhire! Kisiko sunai Nehi Dena chahiye. Aab abhinav vai , age ka plan batao"  Siddharth asked . Everyone looked at abhinav who seemed to be thinking something.

"Aj saam Natasha aur Avinash aa rahe hain. Maine already use sab ache se bol diya and I expect him to explain that to Natasha as well. Hume ek baat aur janni hai aur wo bhi Harshita se , ki Mohan nam ka wo ladka asal me karta kya hai? I mean to say what's his business? 5 crore ka deal...sounds suspicious"  Abhinav said with a frown.  Rest of them looked at eachother and nodded.

" That's a good Point. Maine to socha hi nahi. Us budhe na kaha 5 crore ka deal....is that even possible? Wo itna zyada amir hai? What was his name again?... Mohan " Saumya wondered.

They were deep in their thoughts when suddenly their eyes fall on the main gate. A car was entering the residence and it was other than Natasha and Avinash themselves

Tanvi and Karthik smiled brightly before running towards their car. The rest of them giggled and motioned themselves towards the car.

As soon as Avinash parked the car , Natasha came out and hugged tanvi tightly. Avinash came out and gave Karthik a brother- hug before moving towards abhinav and saumya.

He hugged abhinav with a bright smile on his lips and shook his hand with saumya afterwards.

"Congratulations abhinav vai and saumya. Glad to hear about your wedding" Avinash smiled Cheekily.  Abhinav shyly looked down and mouthed a 'thank you'

"Congratulations Saumya dii! What a surprise! Main to shock ho gayi thi aap ki shaadi ki baat sunke! It was a great news indeed!" Natasha came forward happily and hugged saumya.  Saumya giggled and hugged her.

"Thank you Natasha and thank you Avinash. Ab tum dono agaye to aab hum bohot Sara maja karenge". Saumya broke the hug and giggled.

"Acha wo sab to thik hai, ab age chale? Hume Uncle aunty aur baki sab se to milna hai. Especially the bride" Avinash said in a serious tone.

Everyone nodded and led him inside the house. As soon as they entered the living room , all eyes were on them

Mr & Mrs Chowdhury smiled brightly and got up. They walked to Avinash and Natasha and hugged them.

"Hum to tum dono ka kab se intezar kar rahe the. Aane mein takleef to Nehi Hui?"  Mrs. Chowdhury asked softly. Avinash and Natasha smiled amd bent down to touch hier feet. They straightened up themselves and replied.

"Nehi aunty , Hume koi takleef  Nehi Hua , ab  baki sab se mila dijiye Hume" Natasha said with a soft smile.

Mrs. Chowdhury introduced herself and Her husband to Avinash and Mr & Mrs. Malhotra to Natasha. At the end they went to Harshita and her father.

"Avinash, Natasha, meet Nilesh Nagar and her daughter Harshita." Mrs. Chowdhury said. Avinash and Natasha looked at him and bent down to touch his feet.

"God bless you , beta . God bless you" Harshita's father wished. Natasha looked at harshita and smiled.

"Aap bohot pyaari ho" Natasha said with a bright smile. "Aap bhi" Harshita spoke with a big smile.

"Acha , 1st floor me ek dam corner wala room hai aap dono ka" Harshita's father said and got up. He walked to a table near the window and opened the drawer before taking out a small key. He walked to Avinash and Natasha and handed them the key

They thanked him and walked out of the living room. The boys and the girls looked at eachother and decided to walk upstairs.

They recahed to Avinash and Natasha's room and walked into. As soon as they got insides , Natasha lockdd the door .

"Mohan. Aj sham wo aa raha hai. Avinash tujhe uska class Lena hai" Karthik said making rest of them confused.

"Acha ek kam kiya ja sakta hai. Main aur tanvi Aaj dopeher ko dining table me Nilesh uncle ko puchenge. Phir Sham ko mohan ko tum sab puchlena. Mujhe lagta hai aisa karna thik rahega" saumya stated.

"Acha idea hai. I don't think harshita dii ko kuch pata Hain  , and she wouldn't be that much interested at the first place" Tanvi shrugged. 

"Saumya, Mujhe kya lagta hai-" Abhinav paused as soon as he caught her staring out of the window with wide eyes.

Everyone looked at her . They followed their gaze to the window which was giving a great view to the main gate. There , a black Mercedes was parked while The elders were presented there greeting some people.

Soon mehak and tanvi's eyes caught a particular person.