021.

TRUE X. SANTIAGO
2021

True sat on the couch in his living room, flicking through the stack of bills he had in his hand. As said before, he definitely was a basketball coach, and when he told Hasen he wanted to be a CEO or something, he meant it. True never knew what he wanted to do growing up, and he had his fair share of illegal activities, and he didn't want parts of them anymore, especially with a family to take care of.

So this was the route he was taking. Just making money anyway he could, investing was the first thing he did. He just became a basketball coach for the fun of it, but he made money from it, so why not get more involved in it.

But money started to slow down once he went to jail, so he got Zeddy to help him out, and he definitely couldn't do the business himself due to him being on house arrest.

"Y'all went against that Detroit team last week. How that go?" True asked, looking over at Zeddy, and Zeddy looked at him from the corner of his eye before shaking his head.

"Detroit play dirty. Last game, I told the team to chill on the trash talking cause one of them niggas made the other lil nigga on the other team cry." Zeddy said, making True shake his head, "Long story short, Detroit way different. The coach was talking crazy, and the parents was buggin; they took kids playing basketball way too fucking serious." Zeddy added, shaking his head.

"You think you could come to the next one?" Zeddy asked with the straightest face, and True squinted his eyes at him, knowing he was trying to be funny. "Where I'm going, Zay?" True asked, looking at him like he was stupid. Zeddy looked at the ankle monitor, then looked at him with his eyes widened.

True stared at him blankly.

"Shit ain't funny. Knew what the fuck you was doing." True muttered

"When you get off that?" Zeddy asked, looking at True. "October." True responded, "October? That's your birthday month; how we gon turn up if you on the gps." Zeddy asked, and True looked at him.

"Wasn't planning on doing shit for real." True said, sitting the stack of cash down beside him. Zeddy mugged him, "You was in a cell last year; now you don't plan on doing shit this year?" Zeddy asked, and True nodded his head, making Zeddy suck his teeth.

"Niggas wanna grow up and start being homebodies." Zeddy said, shaking his head, "I hate outside now." True responded, making Zeddy wave him off.

"Where Dri at?" Zeddy asked, "With his momma." True replied, and Zeddy eyebrows rose up. "Yo momma?" Zeddy asked, and True mugged him.

"His mother nigga." True corrected him, putting the emphasis on his. "I did see her ass like 2 weeks ago; she got some nice shit going for herself." Zeddy informed True, making him shrug his shoulders.

"I don't give a fuck." He responded, making Zeddy smack his lips, "Don't be like that; she opened up that hair shop her momma owned. Shit been busy since." Zeddy said, and True gave him a bored look.

"When you leaving?" True asked now, getting annoyed with his presence, and Zeddy mugged him. "I just got here." Zeddy defended, making True shrug his shoulders. "You talk too much." True responded, making Zeddy suck his teeth.

"You ain't got none in here to eat?" Zeddy asked, and True made a face. "No, nigga go home." True responded, making Zeddy smack his lips.

_________

Sighing in frustration True sat his phone on the island; he and Hasen were having the living-together conversation again. She made up her mind about them moving in together, but he made the wrong decision, letting her be the one to pick the house because nothing met her standards.

"We're supposed to be looking together." Hasen said, and he shook his head. "You indecisive as hell. Pick what you wanna pick." True said, making her frown.

"How are you mad because I didn't like it? You asked me to pick." She replied, True just stared at her. She rolled her eyes, snatching his phone off the island.

"What's your budget?" She looked at him with her eyebrow raised. He looked at her, "don't matter. Just pick." He replied, and she smacked her lips.
"I can't just pick if I don't know your budget. What if we can't afford the one I pick?" She asked, "Can you pick a fucking house?" He asked, making her frown.

"Why are you cursing at me?" Her voice softened, making him sigh. "My fault, but my patience—that's not my fault. Don't take that out on me." She cut him off, making him suck his teeth.

"You gon interrupt me again, or you good?" True asked, making her frown deepen. "I don't like the way you're talking to me. I don't want to pick anything now." She sat his phone back down on the island.

He expected her to walk away after she sat the phone down, but she stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. "You done?" True asked, licking his lips, and she shrugged her shoulders stubbornly.

"Why you always being difficult?" He asked, and she mugged him. "I'm not being difficult. You're just impatient for no reason." She replied back, making him suck his teeth.

"I just want you to pick a place for us to live, bro. The shit shouldn't take this long." True stated making Hasen huff. "But if I pick it, you won't like it; you're only going to like it because I like it." Hasen said, grabbing his phone.

He stayed quiet, and she looked at him. Her eyes went back to his phone, continuing the search for a home, but Hasen could focus because she could feel True staring at her, causing her to look up.

"Stop staring at me." She mugged him, and he tilted his head a little. "I can't stare at you now." He asked, and she rolled her eyes. "No, you can't. So stop." She responded going back to what she was doing, and he smiled at her little fake attitude.

Standing up from the stool, he towered over her, looking at his phone. He only stared at it for a quick minute before going to kiss her cheek. "This is so nice. Do you like it?" Hasen looked up at him, and he shrugged his shoulders, not paying attention to what she showed him.

She rolled her eyes, "Move. You're no help."

_________________________________

This book was definitely starting to make me bored if yaal couldn't tell but I'll keep it up and writing if yaal want me 2 .

And my mind went blank on the other book .