17

Mia's pov:
The moment I heard a phone ringing, I feel as if I just got pulled out of some kind of trance. My whole body is tingling and my head feels extremely fuzzy. Still I can't get myself to worry about any of that. After all, it feels way too amazing to second guess my current position.
Jasie's big hand softly caresses my back lovingly, while the others are still slightly cuddled up around me. The fact that they not only cuddled with me, but even put me in the center of said cuddle, makes my heart flutter with something I can only describe as love.
As Carlisle hands me his phone, I smile brightly, more than happy to talk with my dad! Even more so since from their conversation alone, I figured that he will be gone for a bit more time.
„Dad! How are you?" I ask him with slight fear that he might have run into some trouble, which would definitely explain why he won't be able to pick me up for longer. What? Don't judge! Dad is the only parent I ever had that actually cared for me. Well, to be fully transparent, the only person that ever cared. So obviously he is the most important being on this planet for me!
„Baby girl, it's so good to hear your voice." Dad's soothing voice instantly lets me relax and exhale the breath I wasn't even aware that I held in.
„How are you Mia? Any more panic attacks? Your headmaster and Carlisle both informed me of how Isabella once again tried to corner you as you left the school." he questions with guilt and worry in every word. Stringing on my heart even more, since it indeed shows me how incredibly much my dad truly cares for me. That's also the very reason why a soft smile forms on my lips before I can even reply.
„It's ok dad. The Cullens quickly intervened along with the headmaster, so I am all good. Promise." I say and hear a heavy sigh leaving his mouth, as if the worry from the world just fell off his shoulders.
„That's good baby girl. You can't imagine how terrified I was as I heard what had happened, even more so since you just have had one of your attacks." he whispers, his voice still rather strained. Yet I can't help myself but tear up a bit, slightly overwhelmed in complete thankfulness that I finally have my dad back in my life. Having the only person to ever loved me back!
„I am sorry that I worried you like that. But as I said already, I really am perfectly fine." I softly say after wiping the few tears that have fallen out of my eyes off my face.
„Nonsense Mia! There is no need to apologize for anything, you hear me? I am just grateful that you weren't alone back than and that you are all good." dad states matter of factly. He never liked it when I apologized for anything I had no control over, since he knows that Rene always made me apologize for everything that happened. Even after she or Bella hurt me, I was the one that needed to apologize and beg for their forgiveness. Deranged, I know, believe me I do. Still things like that are very hard to get over.
„That I am dad and guess what? I even ate already, since Esme made some lasagne for me." I answer him and smile gratefully towards the sweet woman that smiles brightly back at me. My cheeks right away burn up again, yet I don't care all that much about that. They after all have seen my bright red face a few times today, so no need to feel embarrassed. At least I think so, even more so since they still all smile at me lovingly, which in turn makes my belly feel all funny.
„Good, that's really good to hear baby girl. Please do make sure to thank her on my behalf as well for feeding you lunch." dad says.
„Sadly I called, since I just got word, that I need to work for at least three more hours on this new case. I am so very sorry Baby Girl." dad guiltily says as I lower my head slightly. It's not as if I wasn't expecting something like that, still it makes me sad that I won't see him for even longer. A warm feeling however suddenly bubbles up in my body, washing over me like warm water, as I can feel myself relax. My body instinctively cuddles back against Jasie's body, intensifying the amazing feeling that by now has spread out in my whole body. Not that I am mad about that, just confused. Still I won't take such an amazing feeling for granted.
„That's ok dad. I know it's not your fault, so please don't worry." I softly reply after nuzzling my head even further against Jasies neck, where I could swear I can hear him purr, but that's crazy to even think. Humans can't purr. Still, the vibrations make me shudder in awareness of our close proximity. Loving the tingling that spreads around me, my head getting slightly foggy, but thankfully not too much. I after all still have to continue the phone call with my dad!
„Thank you for understanding baby, I promise I will make it up to you. Already talked with the station that I will need a day off after this case closes, so the both of us can have a father daughter day. How does that sound?" dad thanks and asks as I smile even wider. Absolutely loving the thought of a father daughter day. Back when I was younger we had one of those each month and I did miss it greatly. So to hear that we will have one soon gets me incredibly excited to say the least!
„Really!? That's amazing dad! I can't wait!" I excitedly tell him as I can hear him chuckle through the phone. Making me all the more giddy in excitement.
„Well, than that's settled." dad finalizes with joy before he sighs heavily.
„I am afraid I need to go now, but if anything should happen, or you need me, don't hesitate for even a second to call me baby girl. There won't ever be anything that's more important than you." he says seriously. Making me smile even brighter at the fact that my dad has sat me as his top priority. Which definitely feels absolutely incredible!! Even more so since the last years I had no one even caring, so it's an unbelievable change.
„Thank you dad. That means a lot to me. Love you." I softly whisper through the phone. Hoping he doesn't care that I indeed love him.
„I love you too baby girl." he reply's lovingly within seconds, making me sigh in relief that he not only is fine with my Love declaration, but even does love me as well.
„Please take care and don't forget to call me whenever. I love you baby girl." he once more says shortly before the line went dead. Still, I keep the phone held against my phone for a few seconds longer before I hand it back to a softly smiling Carlisle.
„What would you like to do now angel?" Edward questions softly, as the others also patiently wait for my answer.