Halloween - MJ

Type: Fluff / Scare

Word count: 1616

*****

Love Potion No. 9 by the Searchers blasts through the walls and outside the house. It's a dark October night and the excitement is constantly growing.

Max is standing by my side, or Agent M is. The black suit hugs his body, with black shoes to match. On his nose sits a pair of fashionable black glasses. He adjusts his tie and looks down at me.

"Looking good, Agent Y/n," he says seriously.

"Of course," I answer in the same tone, "it's my job to look good."

He chuckles, still in character: "How about we go do our real job and catch some trespassing aliens?"

I can't hold back my real laugh, and he also breaks character. I look up at the huge house. It's a friend's house, Max was invited and told to bring a plus one.

We've been friends for a long while, so going to parties was at least a monthly ritual. It usually meant me having to basically carry him home from time to time, but he gladly did the same when it was my turn to drink.

"Wait," I say before he can walk away and pull a coin out of my pocket, "heads or tails?"

He smirks: "Why can't both of us have a drink tonight?"

"You know it'll get out of control, Max."

He turns serious: "Okay, but what if we set a ground rule of one beer only?"

I smile, sticking my hand out. He shakes my hand and I get back into character: "Deal, Agent M."

We both laugh and make our way to the front door, walking as casually and formally as possible. I can feel the plastic Noisy Cricket Gun in my pocket. 

Max presses the doorbell and soon enough the door is opened, but there's no one at the door. He goes on, sticking his arm out to bring me behind him.

He's always been protective, especially since he knows that I'm horribly scared of horror movies. It took a while to convince me to go to this party.

As soon as we step past the threshold, the door slams behind us. I jump, grabbing Max's arm and holding on to dear life.

I can't see anything with the sunglasses, but I don't even dare take them off.

Suddenly a deep voice speaks: "Welcome, dear guests. The party is very close now. The only thing you have to do, is find it."

And then there's silence. Max turns to me and speaks in my ear: "Come on, Jack told me the party was gonna be in their backyard."

"Are you sure?" I whisper.

He nods: "Trust me," he grabs my hand, "come on."

I follow him as he carefully walks through the house. I can't hear the music from outside anymore.

We make our way past the kitchen and the living room, eventually finding the door to the backyard. Just as we are about to open the door, screams sound out from behind us.

I jump, screaming when I realize the door to the backyard is open and there are dozens of people cheering us on.

Max turns back to me and laughs. I hide the fact that I almost peed my pants with my sunglasses and laugh with him when I realize that nothing was done to the living room except turning off the lights.

The party goes on and I let go of his hand. Our friends greet us and compliment the costumes, getting smiles and laughs from the two of us.

"Yeah, it was Y/n's idea, actually," Max laughs, talking to his friends, when I spot Sam in the back and make my way towards her.