Chapter Eight- Nadine

8. Nadine
.
.
.

We finally got to the town after the long run , the sun was already down but it was not late in the night, they got dressed while I waited and then we ventured into the town.

Fia and Reed had gotten back to their happy chatters while we walked down the streets and several passersby, thankfully we were able to blend in thanks to our clothes, if I had been wearing my usual dresses it would have earned me several stares from this people.

There was excitement in Fia's voice as she spoke to Reed about the town, she was fascinated by the things she was seeing and it made me realize that Fia had not really stayed in a human town, I had cared for her since she was a child yet I had deprived her of a lot of things.

She deserves to have a mate, not me, she deserves to live in her own world not shackled in mine that might be never changing, if Reed had not appeared there would have been nothing different in our lives. Yes the plagued wolf would have been there but Fia and I would have had to deal with it on our own.

I walked up the front porch of Nadine's house with Reed and Fia tailing behind me, much has not changed since I last been to here and that was over thirty years ago, thirty years of Nadine using magic to make the humans not realize that she was not aging.

I do not understand her obsession with these humans, but her entire existence seems to be tied to these people or maybe one person in particular, I would not know, Nadine had always been secretive.

I knock on her front door and waited for her to open up, it takes less than a minute before the door finally opens revealing her.

She still looked the same, her brown skin was as beautiful as ever, it still loved like it had been kissed by the gods themselves,  her face was as lovely and flawless as ever and her massive curls danced a crossed her face as the wind blew past us, she was completely breathtaking.

She had a frown on her face, but I know that she was not displeased to see me. She still had her innocent look but I know behind her innocent face where battles she had won and lost.

"I did not think I would see you again in this century" Nadine blurted out with a blank look imprinted on her face, we might be friends but we had lot of differences, the major one was me serving the moon goddess, she had always felt like I was betraying their clan. Same clan that did not accept me because of my wolf side, they don't accept yet they don't want me to live without them.

"We are not enemies Nadine" I stated dryly, I had no strength in indulging Nadine's and her games of feelings.

Her forehead creased and she gave a smug look next for a second or so before replacing it back with the frown. "The child has grown" she said as she glanced at Fia, eyeing her while Fia stared back at her in confusion, Fia does not remember her because they both had not directly met, Nadine had once tried to convince me to live with her in her human town fifteen years ago, she came late in the night and Fia was asleep at that time. "It looks like you have raised her well, is that...., it is not her mate, there is no bond between them but— I feel something between you and that male" she added, her gaze fixed on Reed.

I sighed before saying with all seriousness"I need your help".

Nadine welcomed us into her house immediately, she knows that I mean business now but she had a confused gaze which moved between Reed and I simultaneously.

Reed was staring back at her with equal intensity, I could feel that he was interested in whatever Nadine had to say about the bond between us.

I settled in her couch and Fia sat beside me, but Reed had decided to stand, I don't think Nadine had much visitors, her house was just like a human old woman house that lived with several cats.