Timeline

Timeline

John and Tammy met through her father, Solofa Fatu Jr., best known under the ring names Rikishi and Fatu with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) in early 2003. They would run in the same circle for years.

Of course, because of their age difference, they were friendly but nothing romantic happened until they were linked romantically in public in March 2019, but they began dating in December 2018.

By July 2018, John and Nicole had broken up for good. Post-breakup with Nicole, John was usually spotted solo. Throughout the rest of 2018, there didn't seem to be a lady in the picture. Presumably, he took some time to figure things out before jumping into a new relationship.

December 2018, John runs into Tammy at his attorney's office in Tampa and asks her on a date. Tammy agrees to go on a date with John.

At the beginning of 2019, Tammy and John had been on several dates and were enjoying each other's company.

During that time, John was busy filming the family movie Playing With Fire in Vancouver, Canada, so he asked Tammy to stay with him in Vancouver and their relationship became more serious after that.

In March 2019, John and Tammy were caught on a dinner date in Vancouver at the time.

Fans documented John and Tammy's budding relationship throughout the spring of 2019.

After a few months, John was confident enough in his relationship with Tammy that he was ready to introduce her to his family, so she joined him for a family gathering in June 2019. During that month, Tammy introduced John to her daughter, Talia.

By the summer of 2019, John and Tammy were spending quite a bit more time together and were clearly a couple. That July, Tammy attended a WWE Raw taping with John.

In October 2019, John and Tammy made their relationship official when she joined him on the red carpet for the first time. They attended the premiere of John's film, Playing With Fire.

During a Today appearance in November 2019, John confirmed that he and Tammy are a couple when Hoda Kotb and Andy Cohen asked him about their relationship.

John and Tammy attended the premiere of the film Dolittle together in January 2020. 

A month later, in February 2020, onlookers noticed Tammy wearing a large diamond ring on her left hand ring finger while the couple was spending some time in San Diego.

On February 15, 2020, John married Tammy in a private ceremony in Bora Bora.

When many states went under stay-at-home orders early in 2020, John, Tammy, and Talia quarantined together in March 2020.

In October 2020, reports surfaced that the couple had tied the knot in Bora Bora, without ever even confirming that they had gotten engaged.

In March 2021, John filed to legally adopt Talia.

When the adoption became final in July 2021, Talia changed her last name to Fatu-Cena.

In September 2023, it was announced that John and Tammy were expecting a baby.

Since getting together, John and Tammy have made a few public appearances together, but the public still isn't privy to much information about their relationship.