Chapter 24

"..."

I sit in shocked silence for at least thirty seconds before I realize he's waiting for an answer, I shoot out of my chair and into his arms.

"Oh my goodness, of course! Yes! Obviously, that's something that I want! I can't believe-"

"Ellie?! What the hell?! We've been worried sick and your here just- just, god! What are you even doing?! I knew you were basically obsessed with him but I didn't think that you would just-"

"Jeremy! I'm sorry, okay?" I said sincerely. I look past Jeremy and see Damon, and Stefan behind him wearing bored expressions. I wave awkwardly and give them a small smile. They wave back and chuckle, shaking their heads.

"Sorry? Sorry?! You've been missing! We were worried sick! Not a single call that you were okay, or even a text that you were fine! God! How can you be so selfish?" He stared at me teary eyed and shook his head.

"I get that you care about him... but do you care about him so much that... that I don't even matter?" Tears stream down his face as he exhales shakily.

"Jer.."

Jeremy shakes his head and turns. He walks out the door and doesn't look back.

Damon sighs and looks at me. "He was up all night worried about you... just give him some time." He walked out the door and followed after Jeremy.

My eyes burn and I look over to Nikki.

"Um... I'm sorry but I think I need to talk to my brother..." I take a deep breath and take a step back near the door.

"That's okay Kitten. Come to me when everything is okay, alright?"

I nod slowly and leave.

***

"...Jeremy?" I called out in house.

"Leave me alone Elliot."

Elliot? He hasn't called me that since... ever.

I follow his voice to the kitchen and walk in.

"Hey.."

He sits at the counter and doesn't look at me.

I sigh and move to sit next to him.

"Jeremy... I never want you to think that you are any less important to me than Nikaus. ...Then anyone." I speak lowly.

He scoffs and shakes his head, "Then why do you act like they are more important? Why am I always the last to be told about something, the last to be thought about?!"

"That is not true!"

"Yes, it is! And I'm tired of it! When we were little, it was always 'Dad, Dad, Dad', then when we were preteens, it was always, 'Tyler and Care, Tyler and Care' I was always last on your mind! Then when I found out about this supernatural shit, it was always gotta save this vampire, gotta meet that vampire. Then your next obsession is fucking Niklaus! The guy who killed Aunt Jenna, the guy that tried to kill me multiple times! The same man that let Rebekah torture Damon, the love of my fucking life! Not that you would even know since we haven't talked in a month since he got here. And I'm done with it. .... I'm done with being an afterthought. Ellie...I need you to leave."

Tears stream down my face as I sob.

"Jeremy..."

TBC...