Chapter 11: Haunted By The Ghost Of You.

A couple years had passed since Ethan's suicide. Val was still heartbroken, but she did try to go on dates with some people, but she couldn't find that same happiness he brought her. She was extremely close with Kris, Dylan, and Mrs. Flynn. Mrs. Flynn actually helped get her out of her abusive home by fostering her. Val knew she would never be able to fill the hole that Ethan's death gave her.

Eventually, Val did marry someone. His name was Simon Pecker. He didn't fill the hole, but he did make her happy. Dylan got a marriage license for a day, so he could be the one to marry them. Val and her husband had a little girl. Val always talked about her true love to her little girl, so that made her husband jealous, but he didn't say anything until one day.
"Do you ever shut the fuck up about Ethan?"  Simon yelled as he had come home from work and Val was talking about Ethan.

Val looked at her husband in shock, "What? I'm telling our daughter to always check up on those she loves."
"Honey go in your room," Simon said to his daughter, Elizabeth. Once she was gone, he looked at Val, "I know he was the love of your life, but I'm your husband. I'm the one you married. I'm the one alive!"
Val stood up and went to Simon, "What the fuck did you say?"
"He died twelve years ago. Get over it,"  Simon said.
"It took me six years to even move on from him, I-" Val began, but Simon cut her off.
"Doesn't seem like you are over him."
"I never said I was. I have told you that since the beginning. Don't blame me for your jealousy. I can't help that the one person I loved more than anyone, fucking died! And at least he knew where the hole is without needing to ask if it's in," Val said. "You know what. Fuck you." She went to Elizabeth's room and helped her pack an overnight bag. She went back into where Simon was, "We're gonna stay with Aunt Kris tonight. Have your shit out by the time we get back." She took her daughter and walked out.