29. Racing heart

Me and Rowan met Sumi's parents and brothers. Her father is a very practical man so is her mother. I get it now why they wanted Sumi to doctor instead of joining entertainment world. Since her father is a police chief he has many enemy, and her mother is a hospital director. So if she would become a doctor they would have protect her  from the outside world. 

Her mother said, she wanted to pass her lagcy and teach her everything. Her parents was just concern that entertainment world is too much tainted for a girl like her. I totally agree with that. 

They never wanted to kill her dreams but protection come first. When Sumi's brothers talk with them they understand and supported their daughter. 

They also thanks Rowan and me for everything we done for their daughter. They told us hold everyone tried to take advantage of her innocent self but we two are her first actual friends. 

Her parents might be very powerful person. They might be very busy with their occupation but what impress me is no matter how much they had on their plate they always made time for their family. They made sure their three children is having a proper childhood. No wonder Sumi is close with her brothers. 

After meeting them the three of us were lost in our own little world. Next to our table my sister her fiance, dad mom and Taehyung's parents were.  I'm happy actually with the little time with this two idiots. They managed to broke my walls one by one. Am I angry for it? Nah. I'm genuinely happy.  The frustration and anger from before were long forgotten. 

One thing I learn from life is, 'life is battlefield but you need to find in small things and be actually happy with that.' 

When we were talking Kim Taehyung's mom asked me to join them but I politely refused saying this two poor kids will be lost without me around. Of course my father and mother wasn’t pleased with that and start to say how disrespectful I am and all but somehow my sister dearest managed to calm them. But still from time to time I saw them stare at us. 

Roseanne probably thinking why I'm with her rival. My father constantly stare at Rowan and glare at me.  I know he wants me to convince him but kudos to them if they think I'm a pushover like Rose. 

The strangest think was Kim Taehyung. I understand the others but why do he keep looking? Still judging me for being friends with my sisters rival?  Not play family family with them?  Or I didn’t talk to Rowan for father?  Whatever the reason was this man needs to stop whatever he plans to.

"Hey." 

"Huh, Jeon?"

"Fancy seeing you here?  When did you came?" the boy asked with a small but sweet smile on his lips. 

Jungkook looked at the girl infront of him with a racing heart. When he greet her from behind and when she get up from her seat to greet him back he finally got her attention.  He has never seen her like this, dressing up. She was indeed the the most beautiful girl with her simple look. But y/n in this look is something Jungkook has never seen before. He still manage to talk normally even when his heart is not behaving weird. 

"I came maybe fifteen or twenty minutes ago. You are late Jeon boy." she said the last part slowly teasingly only for Jungkook to hear. 

People around them start to whispers. The CEO of 'Noej' one of the biggest investors company in Asia has came to the CEO of the top Real estate company in south Korea "Kang Corporation". Kang Corporation is not the biggest company in just South Korea but also world wide it has gaining name as the top real estate company. 

Of course It's a hot topic to discuss. 

"I had some emergency to take care of. Umm may I seat with you?" he asked hoping not get rejected. 

"Of course. Let me introduce you to my friends." 

"This Tae Sumi you probably know her her face is everywhere, and this is Rowan Hayes he is a lawyer. And guys this is Jeon Jungkook we are from same high school and now business partners." she introduce them to one another 

They immediately greet each others. Rowan and Sumi shaked hands with Jungkook. 

"Please seat with us. By the way did you came alone?" Sumi asked 

"Well yah. Thank you." he said 

Small talks were made by them. Surprising for the friends she never introduce them to random people or be welcoming to anyone just like this. Most shocking thing was she was comfortable around this male. Rowan knew how y/n and Jungkook met but Sumi didn’t. She just knew y/n and Jungkook knew from school. 

Actually Rowan and y/n is more close to each others Sumi knew that. She used to feel jealous and bad. But she knew they were with each others when they were at their worst, they had to fight against the world and at that time they only had each others to relay on. So Sumi decided to stay by their side by her own wish. She simply love them and don't want to be apart from them. By the time passes Sumi could feel them open up to her one by one. Now she also understand them by looking at their eyes.  

Rowan, y/n, Sumi and Jungkook were talking and knowing each other. Mostly y/n's friend shower Jungkook with questions. Rowan looked like he was in court and investigating a most wanted criminal but definitely not in negative way. He just want to make sure Jungkook meant no harm to y/n. Y/n quietly listening to them and occasionally responding. 

Unknown to them Kim Taehyung had his intense dark gaze on y/n and Jungkook.  

"Hey look your sister is about to perform." Rowan said nudging me. Of course my sister is the opening performer of the event even though Tae Sumi is the group brands face. They cannot let anyone else took the Kang's first daughters spotlight. Specially when my father and the chairman has a good relationship. But Sumi didn’t feel disappointed, she always say I believe in me I believe in my talent. That girl is always so positive and cheering. 

"Your sister? " Jungkook whispers softly looking at y/n 

"Yah, older sister." she confirmed and he made O face.

The lights went off Rose went to the stage, the lights were dim illuminating on her. Everyone cheered for her, she has all eyes on her.  She took the violin in her hand and position it. She start to play, her beautiful black hair was floating softly due to the wind alongside her beautiful baby pink fairy type dress. She literally looked like the fairy from fairytale. Everything about her is like a ffairytale.

 People was lost into her beautiful smile that was placed on her lips. 

When she was done loud cheering roar the hall. Kids, teens, mans, womens start to shower complement towards her. My parents had the brightest proudest smile on their face. Our tables were next to each other. 

We clap for her. Rose looked at me and give me a sweet smile I just stare blankly at her. Her eyes widen slightly seeing Jungkook beside me. She immediately cover her emotion with a smile. 

Now It's Tae Sumi's turn. Rowan and I waited patiently for her. Jungkook also seems a looking forward to it.  I can see Sumi's parents eyes were gleaming. Sumi took her seat and start to play the piano with a smile on her face. I can feel my lips curve. It's my favourite song "Maze" by Sumi.  She start to sing without the care of the world so beautifully. This version of the song was actually so soothing and motivating, 

I love it so much. 

(Someone put a gun in my forehead and make me study please🙏)

Thank you

Please vote and comment 🌼