Married life 2

Nora's pov :
I had the best sleep in my entire life ,the bed was bouncy ,the pillows and covers were soft ,I felt like a princess till I recognized my surroundings.

I was in Jacob's house or as he like to call it "our home" .yeah such a wild imagination he has .

I leaned against the headboard only to realize I was on my own ,finally some freedom ,but then again some shame hit me when yesterday's events crashed in ,for one I wasn't supposed to show him I have a heart and cry ,for two I wasn't supposed to accept his help or even ask for it in the first place ,I was in utter shock on how affectionate he could be ,and I must say that I will always question what it took for him to be so calm and well put together,either a very quiet and peaceful childhood or a traumatizing past that made him into what he is today .

I peeled off the covers and went into the bathroom to freshen up ,after getting ready for the day I went down stairs to find the kitchen in hopes of finding something edible in this huge ass mansion.

"What are you looking for?"the voice of an old man stopped me and I turned around to find what must be a chef .

"Ehhm-food?" As much as I may appear bold and daring my social skills are equivalent to my skills in the kitchen :none .

"Oh well you must come with me" his thin lips that had a thick grey moustache on top of them pulled into a smile and I couldn't help but smile back at him ,he looked adorable .

"Congratulations,you must be Mrs Carlson right ?"he lead me into a rustic kitchen that was mostly brown and burgundy.

"Yes -and you are?"i raised my eyebrow at him waiting for a response but he only answered by "the chef"
He winked at me before pulling a plate of pancakes from the fridge and shoving them into the microwave.

"You must inform me of any allergies you have ,since I will be preparing most of the meals ,and if you have any preferences don't hesitate" he put the plate in front of me and ushered me with his hand so I start eating .

"Thank you ,and I am allergic to strawberries" i started devouring my plate till I felt warm breath on my neck .

"So?" He was eager like a kid .

"this is so good ,thank you by the way ,but I really would like to know your name" I am not good at expressing my feelings even when I appreciate someone's food or would like to thank them for a favor.

"Roberto ,and we are having lasagna for dinner are you okay with it ?" He got back to doing god knows what In that big kitchen and I just nodded as if he could hear me .

"Where is Jacob ?"if this is my life then i have no problem with It ,sleeping in a comfy bed then waking up to his absence and an amazing cook is just perfect for me .

"He is at work ,he will be back around let's say 3pm it's very rare for him to come back late" i looked at the vintage clock hung on the wall to find out it was 11am ,I slept in .so technically I have 5 hours till he gets back from work .
Let's make it the best five hours in my entire life.

After finishing my breakfast,I thanked Roberto again for it and headed to explore the house ,the rooms were spacious the bathrooms were neat and the gardens were well taken care of ,I wonder if he bought this house because of our marriage or he lived in it before .

I was sat on a leather couch till i noticed a wooden door that had a broken knob and I just had the urge to get inside it and see what was in it .

I pushed the heavy door with my arms and once I was in I noticed that it was an office ,it had wooden desk in the center a painting of and old woman on top of it and some papers splattered all over the floor ,I went down to pick them up but someone's voice interrupted me .