12. The Elevator Ride

I glance around at my new sparkly kitchen

I glance around at my new sparkly kitchen... okay, it's not exactly sparkly... well, the counters kind of are. After weeks of hard work, it's finally done. Well, let me be clear, the guys worked hard. I had work, but they came over every morning and worked way into the night.

The oak floors that were once orange are now stained a white oak color, which pops against the moody dark olive cabinets. I loved the original cherry ones from my childhood, but they had been worn down and green cabinets are the look right now. The white quartz countertops shine and match the white ceramic subway tile backsplash. My feet take me to the farmhouse sink and I wash my arrested development caged wisdom coffee mug in it. 

A massive part of me doesn't want to sell, especially when I first saw the finished renovation. 

That night I cried, devastated at the idea of parting with my home.

Tommy and the guys were more than helpful, though. They were a saving grace God sent down to me. Without them, I'd still be in demo mode. Tommy ended up renting a miter saw and other tools, so that the guys could install everything themselves. I ended up saving money from it and was able to buy a new stove.

I can really do this.

I ended up making dinner every night for them, and like I said, I am a great cook, much to Tommy's surprise. I was glad I could surprise him. It felt good. Olivia was all too happy with the arrangement with eating dinner at her house. She loved having all those beefy men around.

The morning air breathes into my home from my open window above the sink. I see the ocean glistening under the sun and adjust my swimsuit, ready for a much-needed swim. I slip on my cover and head out.

We had finished yesterday and today is the beginning of the weekend. After dealing with work, the house and trying to pin down Mark to talk, I'm exhausted. Mark has been avoiding me and refuses to have any form of communication with me. 

It's unbelievable!

We work in the same building for crying out loud!

Then there's Tommy.... It's all because of him that I got my kitchen done. Why he's putting so much effort into helping me, I don't know. I mean, I know he's interested in me, we've kissed three times now, but he's also being careful. Like he's trying to figure out what is going on between us, or if it's going to go anywhere.

For me, I'm falling in love with him... and he's making it way too easy. I'm worried though... what if I'm setting myself up for heartbreak... again?

It should irritate me, but my gut is telling me that whatever he's trying to figure out, it's keeping him at an understandable distance. Because he's not just thinking about himself, he's thinking about me.

There's also the fact he's a Frogman, it's his career and I know he's a lifer... like daddy. The statistics for couples making it are severely low because they are away a lot, and you aren't sure where they are.