Chapter 6

4 November 2024

Took me some time to realise just how majestic this place was. The scenery was just breathtaking. There was a emerald green lake, accompanied by large green trees and some of the most beautiful white lilies I have ever seen, all around the lake. The smell roaming the place just brought me at ease. The sound of birds chirping made a melody that could hypnotize anyone. I was so lost in the beauty of this place that I hadn't realised that he was talking. His mouth was moving but I couldn't process what he said.

I turned towards him "Why did you bring me here?" He took a deep breath in "I have been observing you for a while-" "Like a stalker." I interrupted "No, not like that" he chuckled "What I have noticed is that you seem distant, unless you with that loud black girl-" "You mean Eliana, get it right" "Yeah her, so I thought that maybe I should do something nice for the new girl." "So you brought me here...." he took a pause before saying, "Everybody come from different backgrounds and we all Have a story to tell. Its not easy moving into uni so late in the year. You look stressed, almost as though there is a lot on your chest" I stayed silent as he walked me to the stoned benches and we took a seat, " This is my place, a place to get away from all the chaos and drama that goes on in my life." I stared at him hard "You sharing your place with me..." he fixed his gaze on me and said "I brought you here didn't I?" A grin appeared on his face and I rolled my eyes " Close your eyes and just breathe in, really take in the air and you'll see how you feel."

I shut my eyes closed and just let my imagination do the rest. We were just two people who enjoyed being in each others presence. No words needed, it was just us and our thoughts. That just helped calm my nerves. I didn't realize how much was weighting me down till now. I laid my head on his shoulder, which he didn't seem to mind, and we stayed there till the sun went down.

3 weeks later(Kai)...

"There are papers going across the classroom, do as you please with them but they contain important information to complete the assignment." 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒅𝒐 𝒊 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 "I have already assigned partners for the tasks according to which career category you fall in." She kept on yapping about this project. I don't understand the need for me to be here when my life was already secure. "Kai Yang and Chantelle Tompson" My blood ran cold at the sound of her name. I hadn't spoken to her in weeks. She usually spends time with this guy. For some peculiar reason seeing her smile with him just made my stomach turn. "Hey" I looked up to see her angelic face.

"Hi princess" she seemed confused at first, then she rolled her eyes and took a seat next to me. There was awkward silence for a while til she said " Are we going to do the project or what?" Hm there was the attitude I admired so much "Come to my place after classes so we can talk about it out" she crossed her arms "Why can't we work here" I could sense that she didn't want to do it "You wanna do the project yes or no?" "Yes but-" "Give me your phone then" she froze "W-w-what..." "Cat got your tongue princess." She got quiet "I just want to put my number in, no need to worry princess" she eventually took out her phone. She stumbled a bit while doing it, to which I chuckled. The annoyance in her face was visible which was priceless.

Later that day (Kai's place)
A knock on the door caught my attention it was probably her so I walked over and swung the door open, and there she was: Her braids in a bun, glasses that I have never seen her wear before which complimented her golden brown eyes. She wore white tank top and oversized grey sweatpants with a bag on her back. My eyes immediately dropped to her lips, which had the perfect gloss to compliment her plumpy lips. "Where your shirt at?" She immediately covered her hands over her eyes and I chuckled, "Its not funny" she whinned "It is" "Just put a damn shirt on, Kai" she complained. "What, am I distracting you princess"
I smirked as I could see her turning red. "Just put one on!!!" "Alright, just come in and I'll put one on, just for you" "How faltering" I led her into my office and went to put a shirt on. When I came back, I found her reading one of the many books on the shelves, so I walked up from behind her and tilted my head down to her neck to see what she was reading, "One of my favourite books" "Never took you as one of those guy who read" she bluntly. "There's a lot you don't know about me princess" she turned to face me and returned her eyes to my gaze "Hm maybe not but I'm sure I'll figure it out" I examined her carefully. "Lets start shall we."

We discussed the project for an hour, but I was distracted by her little comment. 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 "Kai, you there" I shook my head a little "Yeah, I am" "Focus please" "I'm always focused princess" she didn't seem to buy it "Let it out so we can move on" I put a serious expression on my face. "What's with your little comment from before" " Hm, what about it?" "Kinda off don't you think" " If you say so but I'm hungry" 𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒗𝒐𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏... "Answer the question" "You'll buy me food?" I sighed, "Yes, I will" "Okay fine, personally speaking, I know a mask when I see one, and you sir have different ones" "I don't follow" I chimed in"You only nice to me when it benefits you, one minute I'm your so called '𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔' then the next you ignoring my exsistance. Make it make sense"

I sat there quietly as I took in her words. She pays attention, 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒈𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈... "Hm, care to explain the sudden change?" She said as she looked me dead in the eyes, that glow that was usually in her eyes just got dark, a very familiar scenery.  My eyes met her gaze with the same intensity "You getting your panties in a bunch for a little nickname 天真的一个 (naïve one)" I chuckled, "I do what I feel, to me, you are just another ordinary girl" I'm not sure if I was hallucinating but I seen the pain just flash in her eyes, and for some reason it stung me, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈...

It was awkward silence till her phone rang. It seemed urgent as she rushed out the door, guess she was in a hurry to leave because of what I had said. I felt bad but I couldn't afford for her to get any closer if already we are both suspicious of each other. I would rather she stay far away from me because the pain and trauma that surrounds me, could break anyone. 𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒔𝒔

I went into the office, in hopes that maybe I would find something that would make her suspicious of me, in any way, but there was nothing. I felt like involving my 父亲 (father) but I know him, he would just exaggerate about it all and cause more damage because he is a man with issues, and the fact that he, himself, is suspicious of her foes not make the situation any better.

That night I attempted finding out information about her. With that last name I found nothing. What was weird was that there was no trace of her exsistancs anywhere. No fake account or anything. Everytime I try, it kept on giving me weird answers. Nobody is that clean. It would take an expert, someone who's experienced to do such a job. But even then what could be so important that she would erase her existence off of everything?

𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈...