The old office building

"So are you guys ready to visit the place?"

I look at my uncle and the other man that was just talking.

"Sure, I promised to help." My uncle shrugs.

My uncle has asked if I wanted to help somewhere. From what he told me, we are going to go to an old office building that used to be owned by friends of friends. Supposedly we have to get the last stuff out before it is going to get demolished.

We get into his truck and drive to the place.

On our way there I decide to ask a question: "Why is it getting demolished?"

"Well, just too many bad memories."

I look at him in confusion: "But buildings get reused most of the time."

He sighs: "It really is not a nice story, but if you really want to know, I'll tell you."

I nod.

"Okay, so back in the 80's the office was owned by a few families and they were celebrating their fifth year of existing. I don't know what kind of office they were exactly, but it was something creative. The guys who founded it decided to celebrate, since they never believed that it would last that long. But sometimes you just have some crazy person that will just ruin it for everyone. In this case it was an old war veteran.

While they all were celebrating in the basement, that was the place they could watch the movie they had made on the beamer, it was too light in the rest of the building. He.. well... the veteran came inside with a machine gun, no one could escape and were all killed in that room."

He ignores that I am rather shocked to suddenly hear all of this and continues: "Don't worry, all the bodies have long been removed and the building has been cleaned thoroughly. But that of course didn't wash away the shock and before the cleaning of course they had already started a thorough investigation."

"Was the veteran arrested?"

"No, he was killed by an officer."

I turn to my uncle: "Did you know about this?"

"Yeah."

I look at him slightly annoyed.

"What you like horror stuff right, don't tell me you have gotten scared already."

"I like horror as in movies, not the actual thing!"

He shrugs nonchalantly, typically my uncle. I already regret coming with him, I had higher hopes.

"We are here." The man suddenly says and stops the car next to an old building.

So this must be the place...

It must look creepy even to those that have never heard the story. All of the buildings around it have already been removed and some of the remains are clearly left.

Another car stops next to the truck, right, we weren't the only ones helping. Must be other friends of friends from the former owners.

Two men step out of the car and talk a bit to the truck driver.

"So are you ready?" my uncle asks me as we enter the building shortly after the other two. The truck driver doesn't want to get inside and I understand why, he must have been closest with them. The families.  It's nothing but a grave.

As I set foot in the building I suddenly get this old familiar feeling. It's a kind of fear, but maybe also a kind of sensing.

Fear.

Fear and anger.

It's all feels so intense.

It's swarming around me like a thousand flies, if I'm not careful I might start crying or yelling. That's how I feel.