Shifting

--HAARIKA'S POV--

It's been a week since we visited the seashore. That night, I felt like Maahir had a warm side towards me. I know he loves his family, but he still has that sweet and salty side when he's around me. He didn't yell at me or anything, but his aura seemed to change. I talked to Dida and Papa about going back to Delhi because the hospital has been calling me a lot. I also talked to my friend about it. I keep telling myself that everything is fine, but I haven't told anyone about my feelings. I need to deal with my problems on my own, which is what my mother always said. Right now, Maahir and I are sitting side by side on the couch, waiting for Dida. She wants to talk to both of us, so we're just waiting. I'm staring at the glass table, which has a wooden tray with a small indoor plant on the lower area. Maahir is busy replying to his emails. "Did I make you wait for long?" Dida asked as I stood up and looked at her. "No, you didn't," I replied with a smile. "You both can sit," she added, indicating that I wasn't the only one standing. "Both of you are leaving for Delhi, I will let you go," she paused, giving a half smile that made my heart skip a beat. "But I have one condition," she continued. "I am out of this, Dida," Maahir said, tucking his phone back into his pocket. "You are either in or you're not leaving the house, got it?" Dida said firmly. Over the past few months, I had come to realize that Maahir could say no to anyone, except his family members. "I have observed that both of you have been keeping a distance between yourselves even though you are newly married. However, you will now be living together in the same room as a couple, Haarika no hostel shifting, Okay? and Maahir No Late office stays. I believe that you were destined to be together, and now you should try to make your relationship work." My nose twitches. We have been doing this since we got married, right? It isn't that hard. "And let me make one thing clear, I will be keeping an eye on you both. I have sent someone to Delhi to ensure that you both are not living in separate rooms. This is my only condition," Dida says with a smile, as if she has won a big match. "Well played, Dida," Maahir replies. "I hope that the person you sent isn't Sid," he adds. "Nah, Sid is busy with work. I wouldn't send someone to interfere in your life. You can live your life however you want, it's just that someone is my spy!"

--MAAHIR'S POV--

Water drips down my wet hair as I stand in front of the bathroom mirror. A towel is wrapped around my lower waist and the other is around my neck. I pull the towel from my neck and begin to dry my hair. After that, I put on my clothes and walk outside the bathroom. She is sitting on the bed, folding her legs and staring at her phone. Ever since she stepped into my room, the room smells like her - like roses and lavender. I don't complain about that. Our gazes meet. Her lip's part a little, but just then she removes her gaze from me as if it would burn her. I don't know why, but I smile a little. Yeah, smiling at all the small interactions with her has become my habit these days. She murmurs something to herself, and of course, I couldn't hear it, but I wonder what she is saying to herself. I cleared my throat to get her attention and succeeded. Her almond-shaped eyes looked at me. Her hair was in a messy bun, with a few strands falling on her face. I wanted to remove them, just like I did on Reception Day. I wanted to touch the mole beside her ear, leaving my thoughts aside I asked, "Have you finished packing?" I didn't know why, but I wanted to talk to her every now and then. It felt like my day wouldn't be good without communicating with her. She replied without looking at me, "Yes, and you?" I kept looking at her every moment, as if my life depended on it. I noticed her glancing at me from the corner of her eye, and her ears had turned red. I wondered why. I then looked at the AC and saw that it was set to 16°. I walked to the other side of the bed and adjusted the temperature to 21°.