NINE

─────✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦─────

────────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────────

────────── ──────────

WHEN Bianca wakes up, she smells coffee.

Her leftover coffee from the night before couldn't be the culprit of the smell. No, not when it's no longer on the small table next to her couch, even though that's where she put it last.

She gets up from her spot on the sofa, pushing off the blanket she doesn't even remember grabbing to use. When did she fall asleep last night?

All she remembers is laughing.

Laughing with Lando, and her legs lying over his.

As her memory fades into view, she covers her face with her hands. How in God's name did she let herself do that? Publicity stunt means affection in public, she didn't have to translate that into her private life too.

Did she actually mind though? Well, that was a whole other problem. Admittedly, Lando just has a good aura around him. He's funny, a gentleman, a good listener (not many people would voluntarily sit there as she rambles about how Cameron James was actually a red flag), what more could she ask for? He has all the qualities of a good friend...and a good boyfriend.

Not that she actually wants to date him, of course.

No feelings.

None at all. All she feels is appreciation and thankfulness for some good company in the midst of the enigmatic LA weather.

"Oh!" a voice exclaims. When Bianca lifts up her head, she sees him, Lando, holding a mug of coffee in one hand and a mug of what seems to be tea in the other. "I, uh, wanted to surprise you this morning and indulge in your...addiction."

Bianca smiles goofily as she walks over to take the cup. "Hardly an addiction, but I thank you for being so kind."

Before he could take a sip of his tea, he quirks up a brow. "The three cups of coffee and single matcha latte you had yesterday says other wise."

"It was free refills at the restaurant! And Urth Cafè's matcha lattes are unmatched. You're lucky I even took you there to bless your tastebuds."

"I'm not a matcha guy," he rebuttals, shaking his head.

"I'll convert you soon," Bianca says slyly, taking a sip of the coffee. To her surprise, it was just how she liked it. Three sugars and just the right amount of creamer.

Was Lando paying attention to her order from last night?

He chuckles and turns to enter her kitchen area. "I'd like my mouth clean of grass, thanks."

Bianca scoffs as she sets her cup down on her small kitchen table. It's a circular table with some filled-in engravings of flowers and swirls, accompanied by four small wooden chairs with white seat cushions. One of the chairs has her purse she had used from the night before hanging off of it, a bright orange up against the stained brown of the chair.