two // gorgeous

The boy looked up at the sound of my incredulous and extremely confused greeting, but apparently he was not confused, if I was interpreting the expression on his face. Then again, I was pretty crap at reading expressions.

Note: It was a cute expression. He was gorgeous.

"Hey," he said, his eyes flickering up and down my figure in a way that was actually quite flattering. "You're Kaelin." His voice was low and deep and soft. It definitely matched his face, which had to be the product of some pretty amazing genes. He was probably the love child of two models. Dark hair, strong jawline, high cheekbones. Damn.

"I'm aware of that," I said, my voice laced with confusion.

He nodded, like I'd confirmed something for him, which I probably had. "Elayna's cousin."

Huh, so he wasn't a random that decided to chill on my bed; he knew Elayna. Quite comforting, actually.

"So, question, what the hell are you doing on my bed?" I asked cheerfully.

He grinned and patted the pillows. "It's comfortable. And this is the only bedroom with a TV."

"Oh, okay then. I get that. Those are some valid reasons for sitting on a random person's bed."

He shrugged. "And I thought you were coming next week."

"We were, but I felt like I should miss school for the last week, because everyone knows you do nothing useful in the last week and they only keep you there because torture is hilarious."

He tilts his head. "I'm not entirely sure, because I'm not a teacher, but I'm at least 90% sure it doesn't work like that."

"Well, I'm 97.8% sure it does work like that, so I'm more certain and therefore I'm right."

"I'm pretty sure that having the right answer doesn't work like that, either."

"Believe whatever you want to believe." I approached the bed in a few steps and peered down at him. Then I did something that was probably slightly ridiculous but 100% necessary.

I poked him.

He looked down at my finger and raised one eyebrow in amusement, a small smile curving the corner of his lips upwards. He opened his mouth to speak when I cut him off by yelling, "Alec!"

"Yes?" he yelled back.

"Can you come upstairs?"

The boy didn't try to speak again, just watched me with apparent amusement. Until I actually knew his name, I was going to call him Bob. Not that he particularly looked like a Bob, but I had always used Bob as a default name. Frank or Freddie being the other possible alternatives.

Light thud's indicated Alec's quick climbing of the stairs. In a matter of a few seconds, he was leaning against the doorframe with a confused frown on his face. Confused frowns seemed to be thing today. Except for Bob, who was currently looking at me like I'd just announced that Christmas was now held in both July and December.

"Well, okay then," he commented, examining the scene before him.

"So you see the guy too?" I confirmed.

"Well, yeah?"

"Oh good. I was wondering if he was just a figment of my imagination."

"Why would he be a figment of your imagination?"

I shrugged, gesturing a Bob dramatically "He's just too pretty, don't you think? It seemed too unrealistic to walk into my new bedroom to find a guy on my bed."