𝟷𝟸. Christmas Troubles

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"Charlie's got some great ideas on how to keep you safe," Bernard informed Santa as he and Noelle walked with him. "Santa, this is Quintin, head of research and development," Bernard introduced the two. "Quintin, good to meet ya," Santa greeted as he shook the Elf's hand, Noelle had been proud of her father for doing his best to learn all of the Elves' names without forgetting them. "Hello, Santa. Charlie and I have put our heads together. I think we've got a few surprises for you," Quintin informed Santa, his thick accent stood out to Noelle as she leaned slightly into Bernard.

"This is some of the best stuff that's come out of the workshop since the ball," Bernard exclaimed with pride as he led the others behind Quintin and Charlie. "Fabulous! What happens if I fall off the roof?" Santa asked them. "Just don't fall and be prepared," Noelle teased as she skipped to walk with Bernard, Santa rolled his eyes as he followed behind them. They stopped in a room where a red suit sat on a mannequin, they had two large flamethrowers pointed at it which produced heavy flames that did not affect the suit. "Fireplaces will no longer be a problem," Bernard informed Santa.

"It's a new fabric. Completely flame retardant. It's light, yet durable," Noelle expressed to her father having heard all about the new suit design. "And you can wear the jumpsuit under your coat and pants," Bernard finished off. "But what do I do if I fall off a roof?" Santa asked only to be ignored by everyone though Noelle simply shook her head at her father's question. They finished up their preparations for Christmas and finally, the day had come for Santa to do his job and deliver the presents to the kids of the world.

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle stood beside Bernard as she held Charlie in her arms, "You be on your best behaviour, okay?" Charlie nodded his head before tightening his arms around his sister's shoulders, he didn't want to say goodbye to her but her life was in the North Pole now. "Make sure Dad does his best," Noelle told Charlie as she let go. "I will," Charlie promised before making his way towards the sleigh. He climbed up into his seat and buckled himself in, a safety addition that Santa had put in place to keep his son safe during their travel.