Epilogue:

Chapter 19:

"Congrats, Kiara!"

I triumphant smile escaped from my lips. Their radiant compliments gradually boosts my confidence to take the next step.

"Ang galing galing niyo"

Robely gestured a thumbs up and I smiled back, appreciating all the praise I received.

"Thank you for making the Post UN celebration, a memorable event. Also thank you for those who had taken part, with their roles."

"Rose and Kiara for hosting the event. Masaya ako na unti unti na kayong lumalabas sa comfort zone ninyo. I am proud and I hope na ipagpatuloy ninyo pa 'yan."

It felt great to be commended by our Grade 11 Adviser. I never envisioned myself taking part in such activities. This is a new experience for me, but I won't be afraid to attempt it again. It's both exciting and terrifying, but I know it's worth a shot.

It was a cold, musty afternoon. Everyone was watching the pageant for the UN event. I was done with my part, and so I was one with the students, watching the show.

The students started screaming when a song started playing. It was from the school band which Cleo was a part of. I can see her strumming her electric guitar. Her band mates with a piano and drums.

We started vibing with the music.

I can't be your love
Look it's too trivial for you now
Oh, my life is fallin' apart
Maybe no one will notice if I disappear

"Alam mo ba nickname namin sa'yo ni Max?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Wave." She answered.

But I'll pray for you all the time

"Sabi ko mag-samgyup tayo kapag naka-move on na 'ko."

Cleo said. I agreed.

"Naka move on naman ako, eh. So, available na ako anytime. Bahala ka na kung kailan mo gusto mag samgyup pero tagal ko ng cravings 'yan eh."

If I could be by your side
I'll give you all my life my seasons

Hindi ko kilala kung sino ang tinutukoy ni Cleo. But upon convincing her, napapayag ko naman siya.

I can't be your love
'Cause I'm afraid I'll ruin your life, hmm

I was laughing hysterically with the pancake I just made. It does not look like pancakes at all. Sunog na sunog at matabang ang lasa.

I enjoyed the process though. Kinain ko na lang dahil sayang. I tried cooking again. It was just not for me.

Angel was there. She was the one who would cook me homemade foods. Sabay na rin kaming kumakain. She does the cooking, ako na bahala sa ingredients at kakailanganin.

While the leaves withered away
And grew again, you have gone far away

I stepped outside, letting the cool raindrops splash onto my face. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft pitter-patter of the rain, feeling a sense of peace wash over me.

I'll be pushing up daisies
And bring all the chances to here

As I stood there, I couldn't help but feel a sense of freedom. The rain seemed to wash away all the stresses of the day, leaving me with a sense of calm. I felt like I could breathe again, and it was as if the rain was washing away all my worries.

But I'll pray for you all the time
If I could be by your side

"May sasabihin ako sa'yo."