Chapter-17

Author note----
This is my new year first update....Hope you are guys doing well...
I'm a little bit sick but couldn't make you all wait more....
So, here is the update...

Arjun's pov-

I returned home after an important meeting with my gang...It took quite long...when I returned it was afternoon...

"SHE MUST BE HUNGRY..."
I spoke in my mind...

I hurriedly entered the house and started to go to upstairs...But ami gaze went to the opened door which leads to the lake...I quietly made my way towards the door...

My breath hitched...I don't know how to react or how to control the feelings that I'm feeling now....

She was sitting there on the edge of the wooden floor...She was wearing a maroon coloured saree...Her smooth long hair was opened...I couldn't see her face as her back was faced to me...
I started to take small steps without any sound and sat beside her...I experienced one of the most mesmerising sites before me...I forgot to blank my eyes...She was also lost in her world as she didn't notice my presence...She was looking like an Angel...I sat with her and enjoying the view... Almost half an hour later I spoke to her...

'HOW LONG DID YOU PLAN TO SIT HERE?.."
My sudden voice made Janvi shocked and she almost jumped on her place....she was almost falling into the lake but I held her arm in the right time and saved her from falling ...She is so delicate..

"Whe .....when did you com...come back...?
Janvi asked putting one hand on her chest... I was looking at Janvi...
Now I'm having full view of her...I never knew that anyone could look that beautiful without any touch of makeup...Her nuptial chain was resting on her bosom...After the party I have never seen her wearing nuptial chain...
She was asked to keep this marriage secret maybe that's why she didn't wore...She didn't put sindoor...Her lips are naturally pink...I feel like to kiss them...
Janvi's movements brought me back to reality...

"ALMOST HALF AN HOUR AGO..."
I replied to Janvi...Janvi was staring at me...

"I didn't even realise..."
Janvi whispered but I heard her...I smirked at her confession...

"YOU WERE LOST IN YOUR FANTASY, SWEETHEART..."
Janvi looked away from me...Her cheeks turned red as she was embarrassed...

"I WILL MAKE SOMETHING FOR THE LUNCH..."
I was about to go to the kitchen...

"Umm...I made rajma chawal...I don't know what you like..."

"DIDN'T I TOLD YOU NOT TO WORK?.."
I cut Janvi in middle and questioned her....I felt rage was blooming inside me...I didn't bring her here to do household chores...I can't let her work with her injured hand...I'm heartless but not that much for her....She is exceptional...

"It...waaa....was late...I...I... thought...to...."
Janvi shattered...I know she is scared of me now...I went to her and held her injured hand to scan if she had hurt her more or not...

"It was nothing like that yo....you are thinking... I'm used to this...I am used to doing all the house works even in worst situation...You are....."

Something clicked in my mind...They made her work at their house...But her uncle told me another thing...I was missing something for sure...

"THEY MADE YOU DO ALL THE HOUSE WORK?"
I asked Janvi to confirm my doubt...

"Umm....Not really..."
Janvi looked here and there as she was finding words....

"LEAVE IT...I GOT THE ANSWER... DID YOU EAT?"
She is a bad lier....I got my answer...So I changed the topic...I don't want to make her uncomfortable...