~23~

Saylor did everything she could to avoid talking to Coriolanus. She didn't go to the beach and when she left the house she left with Finnick. And while she was at the Capitol she kept herself busy and when she went back to the penthouse she went straight to bed. Saylor is still torn between forgiving him or not. She misses Coriolanus but she also feels she has to stay away from him. Her heart wants to forgive him but her mind says not to.

Saylor was in the Capitol again getting ready for another show and she heard a knock on the door. "Yes?" She yelled, "It's me." Tigris yelled back.
Saylor got up and opened the door. She was surprised to see Tigris in a black robe. "Hey, I'm here to do your hair." Saylor sits in the seat and lets Tigris do her magic. "Why are you in a rope?" Saylor asks.
"It's a new part of my job... There's a new part of the building for strippers. And me and a few others have to participate." She explained. That's why Corio was arguing with the President...
"Tigris... I'm so sorry." She felt awful that someone as kind as Tigris had to do. "It's ok... It's not your fault" Tigris said while curling Saylor's hair.

"Saylor... can I talk to you about something?" Tigris asked while looking at her through the vanity mirror. Saylor nodded. "I know you probably hate him but please hear him out. He wanted to tell you but knew it was better if he didn't. He truly values your friendship. I have never seen him this happy." She tells Saylor.

Saylor kept quiet for a moment and stared at the necklace Coriolanus gave her for her birthday. I don't hate him. "Tigris, I don't hate him. I just... he knows how much I dislike President Snow And what he has done to my brother. And a part of me doesn't blame him for not telling me. But the other part of me is hurt he didn't tell me. I can't help but think about what was his intentions when he first met me.
Did he become my friend just because his grandfather told him to?" Saylor explained her feelings to Tigris.

"All you can do is follow your heart. You can't make decisions based on other people's advice or opinions. Always follow your heart. The cost of not following your heart is spending your whole life wishing you had. If you try and fail, at least you can move on with clarity instead of questions."
Listen to my heart. What are you saying heart?

Saylor was singing and like normal her eyes roamed the crowd. Her eyes quickly found Coriolanus's. She wanted to look away but she didn't. She stared at him deep in her thoughts and Coriolanus stared at her like she was the only person in the Capitol.
Coriolanus is the Grandson of President Snow. The man who sold my brother for his body when he was 14. The man who sends innocent kids into an arena to kill each other for entertainment. And the man who killed River. That's his Grandfather.
Stop thinking with your mind... think with your heart.
Saylor looked at Coriolanus. Not just with her eyes but she really looked at him. What did she see?
She saw the guy who sat with her at the beach for hours even though she said she wanted to be alone.
She saw the guy who got her this singing job instead of a sex worker. And she saw the guy who gave her the necklace around her neck for her birthday. She saw Coriolanus. My Coriolanus.

Saylor finished her song and did her nightly routine before she left for her penthouse with Sejanus and Coriolanus right behind her. Once they got in Sejanus told them goodnight and then left. And Coriolanus stood by the elevator door. Saylor walked into her room and took a shower. Ever since her performance, she has been trying to think of ways to talk to Coriolanus. Should I ask him to talk? No that's awkward... hm... ugh why am I such an overthinker. Saylor finished her shower and then went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

Saylor could feel Coriolanus watching her. Which made her nervous. You got this. Don't make it weird. "I don't hate you." She nervously blurted out, well there goes not making it weird. Corio looks at her surprised. "Sorry... it's- nevermind. I don't hate you, Corio. I was just hurt you kept that from me. and then hearing that you were the President's grandson made my guard go up. " She explains. Coriolanus walks closer to her. " You have every right to be mad. I should have told you... And in sorry. " He apologizes.
"It killed me thinking you hated me. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to make it up to you. I still do. Is there anything I can do? I want to prove to you that you can trust me." Saylor thinks for a second. "Pinky promise me." She tells him. He gives her a look of confusion. "Pinky promise me that you won't keep things from me." She held up her pinky. Corio laughs and then connects their pinkies. "I pinky promise I won't keep things from you. " He says seriously then connects their thumbs. "If you break a pinky promise you might as well be dead to me," Saylor said sternly. Corio smiles then pulls her arm pulling her in for a hug.
"I've missed you." He said
"I've missed you too." She said, her words mumbled as her face was in his neck.

Saylor eventually pulls away but Coriolanus keeps his arms around her. She looks up at him and he is looking at her. His eyes glance over her lips "Corio..." She whispered.

"Saylor... I.. Not talking to you this whole week has been hell. And knowing that you were mad at me made it even worse. But it made me realize how much I love you. And not just as a friend." He likes me?... no. Loves me? And I... like him too.
"You're kind and forgiving. You're strong, beautiful, talented, smart, you're everything... you are my everything. And I will wait for you as long as you want me to. I don't care how long it-" Saylor follows her heart and cuts him off by pressing her lips against his. He pulls away in shock. Saylor looks away nervously. "I-" He grabs her head cutting her off and brings his lips back to hers. Saylor fells like she is on cloud nine and fireworks are going off around her. She has never been happier.

———————————————————————————AHHHHHH
Also 2 chapters in practically one day? Go me!