WOOS WHO

"Caitlin, please."

"Answer."

"No, I doubt you know her. She's divorced and almost my age."

Callum stopped there. He avoided mentioning Thandie's kids. Caitlin was a school counselor across the borough, and Callum suspected his sister knew Thandie's children.

"Oh wow. Have you been on a date?"

"Not yet."

Caitlin just had the time to say, "What are you waiting for?" and the doorbell rang.

Callum rushed to open the door, snatched their dishes, and handed the driver a tip. He never tipped on the app because he knew the people got the bare minimum. He then promptly returned to the living room and deposited the dishes.

"Callum, I still remember. Why haven't you asked her out?"

Callum pulled a chair and snapped his chopsticks to eat. "She's not ready to date."

Caitlin frowned as she opened her cola zero, "what is she doing on the app then?"

"She's testing it out."

Caitlin shook her head. "You're wasting time, then. Chat with someone else. I know profiles like that. They need therapy, and they get it cheap with profiles like yours."

"It's my choice. I waste time if I want to. What, why are you looking at me like that?"

Caitlin lowered her gaze, blinking, "You really like her, don't you?"

Callum looked at his dàndàn miàn noodles, added the corn pepper chili sauce, and mixed, "Yeah, I like her a lot."

"Then go for it. Throw yourself out there. Ask her out; you never know."

Easier said than done, thought the man who still tried to raise his courage barometer.

In the meantime, Thandie ate with her kids. She still thought of Callum's fondant and Callum by extension. She even surprised herself by spying on his house from time to time.

What is wrong with you, Thandie? She thought as she reread the email from Oppo.

Did men really like it when women made the first move?

Perhaps the men of 2023 did.

A part of her wished to call Thiane, but she felt silly. Who asked their little sister for advice on relationships?

Thandie sighed and waited. Around 11 p.m., she heard voices outside. The woman who usually visited Callum rode away on her bike. Thandie backed away from her window when Callum stared up at her house.

That was a close one, Thandie thought as Callum walked back inside his house. He barely had time to take off his shoes when the doorbell rang.

"Did you forget something?" That was all Callum managed to say before his cheeks flamed.

"Hi."

"Thandie!"

"Sorry for dropping in like this. Gosh, I don't know what I'm doing."

Callum blinked and tried to regain composure,"is anything wrong?"

"No, yes. I mean, you're wrong," Thandie said, pointing at him.

"Pardon. If it's about Caitlin, she's my sister."

"Sister?"

"Yes, the woman who just left is my sister."

"Which woman?" Thandie said, feigning not to have stalked him from the window. How silly could she get, "Sorry, no, I mean, are you busy?"

Actually, she could get sillier.