XLV. Flying

BEFORE WE KNEW IT, the carriage arrived at the villa

BEFORE WE KNEW IT, the carriage arrived at the villa. When my mom realized that my dad had monopolized me alone, she ran towards me, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Dear. How could you be so mean?"

"I'm sorry, Dear. Our son is just so adorable."

"You will ride in the carriage with me when we return home. Clara as well. There are a lot of things for women to talk about."

My mom stealthily continued her scolding and my dad just accepted it. If I can survive the upcoming crisis and become an adult, I want to meet someone like my father.

Anyone can tell we are mother and son. We have a lot in common in terms of personality.

Mom, who had said everything that she wanted to, made eye contact with me and then straightened my hunched shoulders.

"Ciel is my son, so he will do well in any situation."

Although my mom's confidence is unfounded, outward appearance begets credibility, so it comes across as plausible when she says something.

Indeed, as expected of the most beautiful woman on the continent, my mom pays no attention to the Emperor. She controls my dad, who is essentially the most powerful person in the world, with just a single word.

She's the only one, aside from me, who can wield the power of the archmage Christopher Valentine at will. A lot of thoughts swirl around in my head when I see Dad, who loves Mom excessively.

Just what is 'love'?

Theo realized his feelings early on and everything is going pretty smoothly now. That said, Alex's love line has become completely twisted since I intervened.

He doesn't seem to love my older sister, but he can't live on his own forever, so I'm sure he'll end up seeing another woman at some point....

If he manages to take revenge on the Imperial Princess and secure his position as crown prince, I wonder what kind of person he'll meet and fall in love with afterwards?

I can't just ignore it, saying that it's someone else's business, because of the guilt I feel over breaking Alex's romance flag for the sake of Clara's happiness. [1]

I do have some morals. No matter how selfish I am, I'm not shameless enough to just watch Alex become unhappy because of me.

If asked, it would be hard to deny that I have some selfish motivation. Whenever I look at Alex, who is exactly my type, my heart pounds furiously.

No, hold on. I shouldn't forget that my head could be chopped off with one wrong move. In the original novel, Cielle liked Alex so much that she went crazy and became a villainess.

I can't get too excited. We're just friends right now. It's just that I can't leave my friend alone. Mumbling those words, I scribbled Alex's name over and over on a piece of paper.