Chapter 1

"I'm getting married next week." Ayesha told Fatima, her best friend.
They have been friends since childhood. They went to same school, same college and now in same university. Few months ago, Ayesha told Fatima that her father has fixed her marriage with the son of one of his friends.
"Tum ne Pehley to nahi bataya tha ke tum itni jaldi shaadi kar rahi ho. Khair, Congratulations! Meri dua ha ke tum is shaadi se pur sukoon or khush raho! (You didn't tell me before you're going to marry so soon. Anyways, Congratulations! May you find peace and happiness in this marriage!)" Fatima congratulated her, she was a bit shocked first. But then she wanted her best friend to be happy in her life.
Ayesha didn't say anything. She walked away silently and sat down on a bench nearby in university's ground. Fatima noticed her sadness. "Hey Partner! What happened? Kia tum khush nahi ho? (Are you not happy? )Why are you so upset?" She asked all of this in one go. Seeing her best friend sad and upset was hurting her too.
"Nahi, mai nahi ho khush. (No, I'm not happy!)" Ayesha said while tears forming in her eyes. "Mai us se shaadi nahi karna chahti.(I don't want to marry him.)" She was looking down on her lap trying to hide her tears.
Fatima couldn't see her like that. She became worried, "Tum us se shaadi kyuon nahi karna chahti? Please mujhey batao kia problem hai? Ho sakta ha hum koi hal talash kar sakein. (Why don't you want to marry him? Please tell me what's the problem? Maybe we can find a solution.)" She said looking towards her.
"Fatima na tum kuch kar sakti ho na Mai. (Neither you nor I can do anything Fatima.)" This time she looked in Fatima's eyes. Fatima could see the helplessness in her Best friend's eyes. "Wo aisa mard nahi ha jaisa ke mai ne tasawur kia tha. Balkey, wo to ek mard bhi nahi ha.(He is not like the man I wished for. Infact, he's not even a man.)" She started sobbing but she continued speaking,"Tumhey maloom ha wo pehley bhi do baar Shaadi kar chuka ha. Us ki pehli biwi us se tang aa kar bhaag gai. Or dosri wali ke barey mein wo kehtey hein ke us ki natural death Thi, lekin usi ne apni biwi par is qadr zulm kia ke wo marr gai.(You know he was married twice before. His first wife ran away because of him. And about second one, they say that she died naturally, but he beated her to death.)" She started crying.
"Kiyaa...,(What..,)" Fatima couldn't believe what she heard just now. "Lekin tumharey baba kaisey..kaisey tumhey aisey shakhs ke sath shaadi karney par majboor kar saktey hein. (But How..how can your father force you to marry such a man?)" She was still in shock. She hugged Ayesha from side and tried to console her.
"I..."Ayesha was about to say something when suddenly her mobile started ringing. She picked up the call and said Ok. After this, she stood up from the bench, wiped her tears and said goodbye to Fatima, "Mai ab ghar ja rahi hun. Mere bhai pick karney aa gaye Hein. Tum se subah mulaqaat hoti ha.(I'm going home. My brother has come to pick me. I'll meet you tomorrow.)" She walked away towards the main gate.

Fatima was still sitting on that bench. She was trying to understand everything Ayesha told her. Tears were in her eyes.

At night, while laying on her bed, she was still thinking about Ayesha. She prayed to Allah for her friend. Ayesha is the only person in her life who truly knows her. They have similar habits and taste. Out of many things which are common in them, one is that the parents of both of them had a failed marriage.
Fatıma had heard from her relatives that her mother died when she was almost 6 months old.
Her mother married her father against her will, she didn't loved him instead she loved someone else. They were going to get a divorce but then Fatima came in their lives. It was her father who named her 'Aziz Fatima' as her mother was not interested in her and didn't care for her. After Fatima's birth, her mother went into depression so she ended her life. Fatima's father loved her wife very much so he couldn't bear the lose of her passing away and because seriously ill. After some months, he also passed away leaving Fatima alone. Since then, Fatima's grandmother and parental uncle, Uncle Majid took her. But her grandmother also died when she was 5 so basically Uncle Majid and his wife Tara raised her.
Ayesha's parents marriage broke when she was 3 years old. Her father divorced her mother. After their divorce, Ayesha has never seen her mother. Her father raised her and her two elder brothers alone.
While laid on bed, Fatima remembered that they both have talked about their dream partners several times with each other. They both want to live a peaceful and simple yet a happy life with a compatible partner. Now it seems Ayesha's dreams are going to ruin. What If destiny has some same plans for Fatima too? This thought scared Fatima deeply. She instantly cleared her mind and went to sleep.