Chapter 3

Research official documents notes book one-page #227

All subjects at the age of fifteen and younger are to be trained separately as they are yet to manifest their birthright. Claiming of the birthright occurs the year of maturity. (when the subject ages to sixteen) most look forward to this process as their soul develops completely and they gain a sense of purpose.

Chapter 3
"As you may have noticed yesterday three new beds have been delivered to your room." a young woman tells us in our group midday lesson. "Meaning you will gain three new roommates."

one hundred fifty-nines hand shoots into the air. She's on the tips of her toes though I was only placed in this sector six months ago I have picked up a couple things about the others. and one hundred fifty-nine she is quite the people person.

" Is that what this is. are we meeting them!" she rapidly looks between all of us in the line our instructor for today's lesson and the door.

hundred sixty-five lets out a long sigh and grabs the top of her head twisting it back to the front "You're like a kid with candy. Calm. down. honestly."

she crosses her arms and glares up at him "You would be happy too if you were bothered by being stuck in a room with one other girl, yourself who is too overly formal and serious about everything. and mister do I even have a voice box? I mean he gave me a whole jump scare speaking to me yesterday."

"Ehem." silence falls over the room "Oh sorry have I interrupted your conversation. I apologize but this is already past the allocated time I had to discuss this topic. You will see them later today at dinner. Are we done? well, let's continue shall we." she claps her hands together. " Today is all about aim. behind me, there is a target for each of you. One hundred sixty-seven, one hundred sixty-five, and one hundred fifty-nine see those bowls. They have a small amount of your sours in them you are to use your gifts and hit the targets" they all agree and take up their places. "Fourteen" I look at her she gestures to the left where an armed security officer stands next to a table. A single leather roll is laid out. On it twelve daggers sheathed in it. "I trust you know what you're doing" She walks away four new guards enter on her way out. I hear the guard speak beside me "No funny business" I keep my eyes on the target effortlessly slipping a dagger out of its sheath "hm I don't think slitting your throat is funny. Does it count?" I hear his hands move down the military-grade rifle no doubt placing his fingers on the trigger.

"m4 carbine. right. not going to lie I'm kind of curious to see how you use it."

"Keep pushing me and you will find out." I toss the blade in my hand catching it by the tip. tilting my head slightly to look at him I reply "You raise weapons in here and expect them not to show you up. That kind of ego is going to get you killed. and what a tragedy that would be." I fling the dagger hitting the target straight in the center.
"TSH snarky bitch"

I pick up another blade and continue throwing them obviously i don't land them all in the center. but I also like to imagine the target as a person I select a few places that might hurt to have steal embedded in it. somewhere like. the Jugular, back of the neck, shoulder or more specifically where the axillary artery is located et cetera et cetera all that stuff.

I toss my seventh dagger hitting where I assume the liver would be when I hear a thump to my right where I see one hundred sixty-seven on the floor not moving. On her left slumped over a bason dimly lit with flames is one hundred fifty-nine still trying to keep herself upright so she won't collapse along with her. Her skin is covered in a layer of sweat.
hundred sixty-five speeds over to one hundred sixty-seven dropping to his knees and placing his hand on her face. "She is exhausted and needs to rest please let her" a voice comes through the speaker. "The files say that both of you are now eighteen correct so technically speaking we don't have to help you. in fact, it's best if we cut the weak ones."