Hockey Game

music
*Crazy Girls by TOOPOOR
*She's crazy but she's mine by Alex Sparrow

"We will go, and I won't be a freak" I tell Daphne, who anxiously holds my arm

"We will go, and I won't be a freak" I tell Daphne, who anxiously holds my arm. "Honey, I love you but hockey games end up stressing me out because of you" She answers, I playfully hit her arm. My mouth wide open in shock. "Shut up. It is not that bad" I murmur and she scoffs "Yeah. It's worse"

I go to hit her again, but she runs off, walking inside the rink. I follow soon after, already losing the blonde girl out of my sight.

So, here is the thing, Daphne has only agreed to come with me to this game because Rafe is playing, and I told her this would be my biggest turn off, considering he very likely sucks, like everyone else.

I am strictly rough on hockey players, because I know how to play and how to solve the problem, I could never solve it because I am not a 6,2 foot muscular player, but if I was, I would be invincible. And that's why Daphne doesn't come to games with me anymore, I make sure to tell (or scream) them their incompetence.

I walk over to the bleachers and see that Daphne has a spot on the middle to the front. I smile as I see the seats, we are pretty close. I sit next to her as we see the players shooting practice shots at the goalie.

I squeeze shut my eyes, trying to recognize Rafe, but it's impossible with those helmets and big clothing. I shrug it off and judge the moves of each player.

Number 15 is a defenseman, you can clearly see how his shots are more directed towards the goalie rather than into the net, he is more used to shooting to a player. His shots are also not that rough, more smooth and clear. He also skates slightly better backwards than by the sides. And he is gigantic, the guy is probably almost on the 7foot height. This guys needs to be defense, he wouldn't let a single puck near the goal.

The goalie himself doesn't let almost any shots get in, so is he good or the team just sucks?

Number 23 has a killer skating method, he is smooth and just slides as if it was walking. He has to be a center, his shots are one of the only ones that go in. He has an aggressive shot though, not as clean as others, but definitely certain, but it seems as if he just wanted to get that in and go back. Maybe he is a wing actually.

And before I can analyze anymore of the team, the coach calls them up. Probably giving them a pep talk before the game starts.

"So? Which one is he?" Daphne asks, I look confusedly at her and she motions with her hands to move on and tell her already. "Oh, Rafe, I have no idea. But 23 has a good shot, maybe too rushed so it can be a problem. 15 can't be wings or center, if he is I am going to lose my absolute shit." I comment and she groans, "Hon, focus!!" She warns me and I wave her off, my stare going back to the rink.

The players are in process of positioning themselves for introduction, and I look back at the captain, he is scolding at a player who was a smug look on his face, finishing to put on his skates.