Ch 1

To say the Einzberns were a wealthy and very connected magical family would be an understatement. The Einzberns have been seeking the Holy Grail for quite some time, and they'd do anything if that meant their victory would be guaranteed. Such as letting a foreigner marry into their family, and paying millions if not billions of dollars for a single artifact that could guarantee their success.

Which is why Kiritsugu Emiya stood outside a casino with a suitcase of money. It was night yet this city was booming with life and from what Kiritsugu could tell, the casino was the heart of the city. Everywhere he looked he saw people heading towards the casino with a smile on their face. The casino itself was fashioned like an old castle but with modern technology as well, multiple lights shined into the sky from the casino with various colors. He stared up at the casino before walking forward, going through the spinning door before he was met with lovely aromas and warmth.

If Kiritsugu cared about Casino's enough to know about the decor, he would've realized how well maintained the walls and floor was, pristine stone that reflected the lights and the occupants who walk through. It also had windows as well, allowing anyone attending to know the time of day unlike most casinos. There were also odd casino machines he's never seen before such as "The Raider's gamble", "Coin in the stone", "Bank of Treachery", "Cents of the Roundtable", and "Debt of Flowers." Kiritsugu shook his head before he walked towards a staff member behind a booth.

"Hello sir! How can I help you today?" The woman spoke when she spotted the Japanese man standing before her, unusual to see a man of his ethnicity this far in Germany. "Camelot casino is opened for all!"

"Hm....I got a meeting with your boss." Kiritsugu spoke calmly as he nodded at the woman. He lifted his suitcase and showed it to the woman before lowering it. "Business and the likes."

"Of course sir! Let me check the appointments." The woman spoke before pulling out a notebook from her desk drawer. She flipped to an appointment tab of the book and checked through it before tilting her head. He caught a glimpse when she lowered the book and closed it, seeing only his name written down. "You don't happen to be Kiritsugu Emiya, yes?" He nodded his head before the woman gave an awkward smile. She walked back to the phone in her booth and dialed someone. He watched as she continued to talk before putting the phone up and turned towards Kiritsugu with a smile. "Sorry about the wait sir. The boss said you could come up, just go up those stairs and follow it down."

"I see...." Kiritsugu followed the woman's hand and saw a spiral of stairs leading up above the room. Along the sides of the stairs was golden decorations of knights in combat with one another. He turned back to the woman and bowed his head. "Thank you for the assistance."

He the made his way towards the stairs, walking through the main floor and making his way past the occupants who were all laughing and shouting in joy if they won. He passed by several more machines as well, one looked like a skeleton on an undead horse wearing heavy armor. Another machine looked like a crystal dragon as well. Such odd designs but it wasn't any concern for the hitman. Kiritsugu made his way up the stairs and followed the spiral till it reached a lone hallway, must be a personal stairway instead of having to navigate through the amount of rooms in the casino. Ahead of him was a single door with black wood with gold linings. He walked forward across the velvet red carpet before preparing himself to knock on the door, only for it to open all the way for him.

The office of the casino's boss was wide and round. Along the sides of the walls were multiple relics of old weapons, grey and rusted with age. He even spotted the Mona Lisa and several other famous paintings, which should be in a museum. The desk in the middle of the room was curved and was the made out of brownish red wood with old lamps on it. Behind the desk however was a glass case containing a knight's armor, silver with blue cloth and a helmet that looked similar to a dragon. The owner of the casino must be very rich to have all of these historical artifacts.