18. LURKING SHADOWS

We came back from my home and everyone had a great time, even my Chamgadar husband

We came back from my home and everyone had a great time, even my Chamgadar husband. I was so surprised when I saw him talking calmly and understandingly with my mom, it melted my heart. He had this silly smile on his face, like a complete goofball.

Then I noticed my mom said something to him and he blushed and smiled sheepishly. Can you believe it? Yuvaan Mehra blushing! That was such an unexpected sight.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even realize someone was behind me.

"Daisy," he said calmly.
God whenever he calls me with that nickname My Dil Goes Mhmmm....

I turned around and raised my eyebrows, asking 'what?'

"Uhhmm... well... I just don't feel like sleeping," he said.

"Neither do I," I blurted out absentmindedly.

"Wanna walk on the terrace?" he asked, scratching the back of his neck. I nodded and smiled.

As we walked beside each other, the chilly air felt refreshing, and I felt a sense of relief in his presence. This is the first time I have been so close to any man since that incident.

I've been creeping on his features, like his long lashes, sharp jawline, and that sexy light beard. And let me tell you, his eyes? My absolute favorite.

I could stare into them forever without even blinking. And don't even get me started on those lips - so soft. I caught myself watching him again, like a total creep, until he cleared his throat.

"I am all yours, Daisy. You can keep looking at me," he said with that not so famous smirk of his. Ugh, why does he always catch me gawking at him?

"Ummm...no, I wasn't looking at you," I quickly replied, avoiding eye contact. He chuckled, breaking the silence that had settled between us.

Our hands brushed against each other, and we both quickly pulled back. My mind and heart were going crazy as I took a deep breath.

"Do you want to talk to me?" he asked innocently, like a shy teenager trying to talk to their crush.

"Huh, I also want to know about you," I blurted out.

"So, how have you been these past four years? I know I shouldn't be asking, but..."He continued babbling until I interrupted and said...

"I don't even know how I managed to survive these past 4 years, but thankfully I found a family. At first, I was all alone and didn't know how to fit into this new environment. But your family has been amazing. I feel so happy to have them as my second family. I got the love of the father, caring mother, wise dadu-dadi, and a bunch of musketeers in the form of Dhruv, Rohit, and Roohi. But deep down, I still feel a sense of emptiness," I admitted, tears welling up in my eyes while uttering last lines.