"Don't treat me differently"

Hyunjin clenched his teeth a bit and sighed, "I'm sorry..I was just,, angry and I dont even know why i said that but i love romance novels too.", he scratched the back of his neck and looked down in disappointment.

The brunette took a deep breath, feeling some energy go away. A few of the leaves flew back behind him, "it's okay".

The taller smiled softly, "great, now we have something in common. So do you think you can control your powers? Or..do they just happen when you feel a certain emotion?", he asked his tone filled with curiosity.

"I probably could control them..but I dont know", he mumbled, starting to walk out of the woods.

Hyunjin hummed and followed him, "well could we test something? I'd like to see if you could do something without showing any emotions, like keep your mood neutral and see if your powers will work", he explained then tilted his head,"are you okay with that?"

"Uh..could we test all of that out tomorrow, saturday? Its late and im tired also Im sure my grandma is worried out me", he replied, stepping over some branches and roots.

Hyunjins face suddenly became cold, "i want the answer right now", he turns to Minho, seemingly about to lose his temper, "Yes or no?"

"Not right now", Minho mumbled, continuing the walk. Hyunjin keeps following him, visibly mad, "don't ignore me. Answer me", he said, shaking the other boy a bit.

"Tell me yes or no and I'll leave you alone. Or else I'll make you miserable, is that what you want?",he tightens his grip on Minho's wrist.

"W-what the hell Hyunjin? Why are you acting like this again? I'm tired, let me go".

The younger just tightened his grip, "I want your answer now",he repeated with a cold and stern face, his voice lowered,"yes or no?"

Minho winced his pain and tried to twist his wrist from from the others grasp.

"Yes or no?!", Hyunjin yelled, digging his nails into Minho's wrist. This has to work.

The brunette felt his body heat rise and he screamed, "Let go!", he felt a wave of energy fly out and watched with wide eyes as Hyunjin flew away from him, rolling on the ground groaning when he hit the stump of a tree.

"H-hyunjin!", Minho yelled, running over to the boy on the ground.

The younger winced as he laid on his back, dirt on his chin and clothes. Tears filled the brunettes eyes as he dropped to his knees by him, "Are you okay? I'm so sorry".

"I'm sorry Minho, calm down,you didnt do anything wrong, it's not", he paused and coughed as he hugged the other boy around his waist, "your fault".

Minho listened to Hyunjins shaky tone, he's..scared.

"I'm sorry", he whispered, sniffling as cold air filled the sky.

After a few minutes of sitting on the ground Hyunjin sighed and let Minho go, "don't feel guilty, it was all my fault", he said softly, holding his hand out to help the latter up from the ground.

The brunette sniffled and wiped his cheeks as they started walking again.

Hyunjin sighed, "I'm glad you're not mad..do you want ot head home now? It's quite cold and you seem to have your mind made up",his mouth turned upwards in a gentle smile.

The other boy looked at him and nodded, "Yes I do, my grandma is waiting for me..we..we could meet up here or somewhere else tomorrow, as long as there arent people around."

"Of course, I'll walk you home if you want me to?"

The older nodded and followed behind Hyunjin over a large branch on the ground.

"Minho can I ask you another question?"
He hummed, still walking with him.

"What are you scared of? I wont hurt you, okay? I want you to trust me".

MInho stared at him for a few seconds before speaking, "I'm not scared of you..at least not too much now but..I..I dunno I trust that you wont hurt me, I have a question too".

The other boy hummed back, waiting for the question.

"Did you do it on purpose? The last time".

Hyunjin was quiet for a bit, processing the question, he looked down a bit in shame as they turned into a neighborhood, "..Yes, I did", he turned around, his face full of regret, "I'm sorry Minho , I just wanted to find out more about how you powers work..you're more powerful than i expected Minho".

"Hyunjin please dont treat me differently", Minho whispered, his head down as he started to talk again.

"I dont want to treat you differently...I was just- i got excited to see what more you could do..I'm sorry, for that and for how I treated you this morning, I wont treat you or anyone else like that ever again..and thats a promise",Hyunjin explained.

Minho turned and looked at him ad sad yet happy expression on his face, "It's okay", he stops walking, "this is my house".

The younger smiled a bit, "Well, i guess I should be leaving now", he begins to turn but then stops, "I want to see you again Minho. It'd be nice to know more about you, even without the powers".

A smile tugged at the other male's lips, "tomorrow and the whole fall break".

Hyunjin's smile breaks into a full grin, "I'm happy I met you",he waves before turning around and walking away.

The brunette felt his heart pang, "I'm happy I met you too", he mumbled before going into his house.

He walked into the warm house, smiling as his grandmother came to hug him.

He enjoyed being here, his safe space, with his grandma and his room, it was just perfect and everything he couldve ever wanted.