Chapter 1 - Janmdivas

"Kashi Ke Rajkumar, Rajkumar Svaraj, aur Kashi ki Rajkumari, Rajkumari Adisha Padhar Rahe Haiiii!" A loud announcement was made by the guards guarding the beautiful royal palace of Sonpur Rajya as Rajkumar Svaraj and Rajkumari Adisha, adorned in simple but royal dressing entered the premises in their chariot.

He jumped off from his chariot and smiled at his 15 year old sister who was looking around excitedly. He forwarded his hand to her which she held merrily and stepped out.

"Waaaah, kitna Sundar ayojan hai na bhratashree ??" She walked forward to the flowers arranged on the threshold of the palace.

"Haan, ayojan toh achha hai. Bilkul tumhari tarah." He followed her to the entrance as he saw one more chariot coming towards the entrance.

"Krishadh ki Rajkumari, Rajkumari Neelima padhaar rahi hai!" One more similar announcement was made which was heard by Svaraj as he catched up with his sister and was showered with flowers upon entering.

"Aha, humari Sakhi ke janm divas par ayojan toh uttam kia hai Maharaj ne." Neelima thought, stepping down from the chariot.

"Rajkumari Neelima" A dasi came forward and said with her feeble voice.

"Ji, kahiye ??" Neelima responded politely smiling.

"Aapko Rajkumari Maithili ne unke kaksh mein jald se jald laane ka aadesh diya hai" she looked down.

"Kya hua ?? Sab kushal hai na ??" Neelima was confused as everything looked pretty well and afterall, what could go wrong on the birthday of Rajkumari Maithili ??

"muje nahi Gyaath Rajkumari. Haan, par vaha Rajkumari Pragya bhi upasthit hai." She said and went away.

As the front door was overloaded with guests and welcomers, Neelima decided to take the back door to reach her friend's room.

She reached the room and hurried inside.

"Kya hua Maithili??" She asked, fully worried as she saw her both sakhi's in a state of despair. When Maithli was crying while sitting on the bed, Pragya was looking rather confused on how to calm her.

"Uff, Nima, achha hua tum aa gayi yaha varna Mithu humara sar kha jati. Kya Kare hum is ladki ka ??" Pragya held her head and sat on the bed beside Maithili.

"Ab kya kar dia Mithu ne ??" Neelima sighed and walked towards them.

"Haan haan, Mithu hi sab karti hai! Yaha hum itni bandariya jaisi dikh Rahi hai, humare hi janm divas par, kisiko nahi padi uski!" Maithili shouted at her friends while crying more and more.

"Bandariya ka toh pata nahi, ro ro ke apna shringaar kharab karke bhootni zaroor lag Rahi ho." Neelima made her stand up from her shoulders and Pragya stood up too.

"Dekha, humne kaha tha na tumhe Pari, hum buri lag rahi hai. Ab toh Nima ne bhi keh dia hum buri lag rahi hai." Maithili started crying more and more.

"He narayan! Nima, yeh kehna zaroori tha ??" Pragya sighed and sat down again.

"Arey Rey, humne kaha ki ro ro ke buri lag rahi ho, baaki Sonpur ki rajkumari ka chehra bhi sone ke barabar hai." Neelima tried to butter her so that she doesn't ruin her day.

"Makkhan laga lo tum dono, yahi aata hai. Socho, humare janm divas par hum hi kharab dikhenge toh sab kya kahenge ?? Arey Rajkumar Iravan kya kahenge ??" She said in full panick mode.

Pragya stood up and hastily pulled Maithili to the dressing table.

"Pehle apne yeh moti jaise ansoo pocho, Mithu." Pragya said strictly, keeping her hands on her waist.