Chapter 3

On the same day after the battle against the exorcists

The gigantic, glowing golden portal opened in front of Heaven's gates.

St. Peter, who was dutifully guarding the pearly gates, watched the swarm of bloody exorcist angels retreat from whatever it was they did on the other side of the portal.

He was immediately alarmed by the sight with which he was met. His nostrils were invaded by the overpowering smell of the angels' golden blood hanging thick in the air. A gasp was forced out of his mouth as he stood frozen and stuck on his opulent podium. His terrified eyes first watched how the angels in demon masks had returned in smaller numbers and watched in horror as little by little some of the angels started to fall. They landed on Heaven's cloudy grounds, their blood splattering on the ground with the sound of their bones crunching from the impact. St. Peter observed that they were all beaten, bruised, and wounded, and some appeared to be dying.

"Oh my God!" St. Peter muttered under his breath, panicking.

One exorcist angel with a big cut over their stomach area had fallen close to where the saint was perched. St. Peter screamed in a high-pitched noise as the blood of the angel splattered all over his podium; some even got onto his face. His hand was trembling and hesitant as he wiped the blood off; the golden color was wet and sticky on his fingertips.

"Sera!!!!!!!!!" St. Peter screamed at the very top of his lungs. He flapped his wings and fled away from there to search for the leader of the Seraphims. "Sera!!!!!!!"

St. Peter's high-pitched screams caused alarms amongst the angels, souls, and saints he passed over. The beating of his agitated wings and screeching voice made the souls feel timorous. There has never been a day in Heaven where they saw or heard a single being looking so overwrought. St. Peter had been so panicked he didn't realize he was causing panic around others himself. He kept flying, heading fast for the tall, glowing, grandiose palace where the seraphim often reside. He zoomed past through the twists and turns of the halls before landing in front of two luxurious, large doors.

"Seraa!!!!" St. Peter knocked five times before barging in with the urgent news ready to spew out of his mouth.

"Sera!!!! Emily!!!! There's something you have to see." St. Peter took a pause to breathe as the unfamiliar soul in front of him caught his attention. "Oh! A new arrival in Heaven! Hi, there! Welcome to Heaven!" His worry-ridden face was immediately masked with a toothy smile.

"I'm confusssed. I don't know how I got here. I wasss fighting with my friendsss, and then...and then... I died?" the newly arrived soul trailed off in thought.

Well, St. Peter himself was confused. All newly departed souls from the human realm always came to the front of the gates before being able to enter Heaven. He knew every soul that came in; he had a book of their names. So, the moment he laid eyes on the serpentine-like soul, he knew this soul was a new one. He was bothered by how the new arrival got inside without going through the gates first, but he tried not to show it. Not to mention he didn't know his name. Nevertheless, if he were here in Heaven, then he would have been a good person enough to enter their glorious realm.

"Well, you're in Heaven now! The place where you end up if you have been very good on your time on Earth. Congratulations!" St. Peter explained with his wide smile as he stepped inside.

"St. Peter," Sera tried to call for him. The look of disbelief and unrest was prominent on her face.

"But...I wasssn't on Earth? I wasss in Hell...?" Sir Pentious revealed to the angels surrounding him.

The corners of St. Peter's smile slowly lowered. A befuddled expression started to slowly paint his face.

"Say what now?" St. Peter blabbered out the question.