CH-8: Arrival of a hunter

The pair were still looking at you with the best puppy eyes they could muster, even though they weren't the puppy. You sighed, giving in.

"Fine...you can stay.."

It's not like you had much of a choice. You didn't want to shoo it away for it to come back to bite you later, literally. Though it made you concerned of the lack of space in your cabin too. You were supposed to live alone. But with the addition of all these animals, your cabin was now livelier then ever.

The snakes eyes practically widened with joy. It quickly came close and started to climb on top of you.

"Hey! Hey! No-"

The snake climbed up to your chest and nuzzled his head before looking at you with a smile. Then it looked back at the deer with a smirk that you couldn't see. In return the deer just gave it a scowl and turned his back.

Charlie was overjoyed that you agreed to keep Pentious. She was afraid you wouldn't take him in since he was a 'dangerous' animal unlike the rest of them. But she was glad that it went well.

Apparently he tried to pick a fight with Alastor again and ruined some parts of her hotel. When no one was coming out, he went in to check and found himself here. Vaggie was yelling at him for the hotel's damage while Charlie was thinking of a way to keep him with them.

"Please uh..get off me now...?" You awkwardly asked looking at the snake. You didn't expect the snake to show this much gratitude for it to show it's affection this way. It honestly warmed your heart but you still didn't want to take your chance touching it. Just in case it was venomous and bit you.

The snake looked like it finally came into realization and quickly climbed off from you. "Thank you I suppose.." you gave a small smile. 'You are welcome missss. And thank you for accepting me in your humble abode!' Pentious said in his mind. As long as he was in your and Charlie's care, Alastor couldn't kill him now. That's all that matters.

You got back in the cabin eventually with all the animals. You tried to lock the door again before the deer came in but it again overpowered you. You grumbled in annoyance as you went inside. The deer claimed its usual spot in the previous room.

The puppy seemed to like the snake a lot for some reason. The snake hated that, trying to slither away from it. While feeding the animals, the snake came towards you too, giving you the gooey eyes again.

"You..want something to eat?" The snake eagerly nodded. You weren't sure what to give but since you know they eat rats and stuffs, you decided on some meat. After all of them, including you were fed. You went to bed.

Now that you finally got the chance to rest, you thought about what you found out today. Unbelievably enough,these animals could understand you to a certain degree. You don't know why they all choose to be with you though. There must be a reason.

You specifically made sure that the snake wasn't in your room before sleeping. And this time you also locked your rooms door so the deer can't come in the morning to wake you up. Unless of course it was to destroy the door completely. Which you hoped it wouldn't.

You gradually went off to sleep holding ewe and the puppy sleeping next to you.

You woke up to loud banging on the door. It surprised you so much you almost fell on the floor trying to get to the door before it broke down crashing. When you opened it, the deer was standing there, giving you a grin as it pushed the door back.

"Why can't you just leave me alone!!"

Of course you didn't get any reply. You just refreshed yourself as you began your day. Going through your usual routine of work and chaos.