Chapter 3: The Admin

No one's POV

Jaune stepped out of the portal where it opened and covered his eyes with his arm due to the bright light. As his eyes soon adjusted and he lowered his arm, he was left speechless to what was before him and where he was.

Floating islands filled his vision. Islands ranging from small to big and in different shapes as well in all directions around him. He looked down and noticed that the island he was on was also floating like all the others.

 He looked down and noticed that the island he was on was also floating like all the others

Before he could wonder where he was now, a voice spoke up from behind him.

"Nice to see you accepted my invitation" Jaune swirled around to where the voice was coming from and saw the person was sitting on a rock not too far from where he was.

Sitting on the rock was a young man around his age, maybe a year or two older. He had deep gold spiky hair that reached down halfway on his head. His eyes were the same deep gold color as his hair. He wore a loose black shirt underneath a black trench coat that had gold lining on its edges and underneath it, followed by black pants and black combat boots on his feet. He was smiling at Jaune like he was expecting him to arrive here.

"I truthfully thought it would take longer for you to recover; you truly are an interesting person Jaune." The man spoke, confusing Jaune at what he was talking about.

"Oh, where are my manners I haven't yet told you my name. You can call me Sol" The now-identified Sol said.

"Soul?" Jaune said which got Sol to chuckle a bit at this.

"No, Sol. S-O-L" Sol corrected Jaune. He then started to stare at Jaune which caused him to grow nervous as a look of understanding now showed on Sol's face.

"I see, you didn't awaken the system normally like originally planned. It seems that you were in a situation where you were dying, and the system activated its emergency protocols to save your life and heal any damage done to you. It would explain how you are now standing here before me, despite your body and soul suffering critical injuries that would have killed anybody else." Sol said which caused Jaune to be alarmed at how he knew of the system.

"By the look on your face, you are thinking how do I know of the system correct?" Jaune could only nod to this question

"Well, it is quite simple. I'm the one who created it." Sol said simply.

"What! You were to one who created it!" screamed Jaune, shocked that he was meeting the creator of the system. Though before he could ask more questions about it, his mind went back to what Sol said earlier about the critical injuries that were healed due to the system.

"Critical injuries, what are you talking about? The worst injuries I suffered was when my former family sent Baldur and Kranz to kill me. They beat me to near death before attacking me with that new weapon they had." Jaune said, anger leaking into his voice as he talked about the last moments he could remember before waking up in an unknown area. Sol just looked at Jaune like he knew something he didn't.