I meet three kids

The next morning we arrived at the Santa Monica pier. It was around five in the morning, there weren't any people at the beach, so we didn't have to worry about being seen. We left the ship and started walking on the sand. I looked back and saw the boat sinking as if the sea was swallowing it. There were still a lot of things I didn't understand about the gods' world.

Luke and I walked for a few minutes, he said that we could find a place to rent a car, so we went looking for it. We paid for it and I started driving towards the direction he told me to go. In my head I started to think about how Artemis hadn't contacted me for days now, and I also wondered how I was going to get Luke to go to camp half-blood. For now that was not a problem. We drove until we were at a dead end street, where a tiny shop hid.

"Wait here." Luke said, opening the car door.

"No, I'm coming with you. What do you have to do there?" I wonder why he wanted to go on his own. Was he setting me up? There were times when I felt I could trust Luke, but I had to remind myself he betrayed everyone he knew just for power.

"It'll take a second, I promise. If I take more than ten, come find me, ok?" I was skeptical about letting him in alone.

When I nodded, he reassured me he'd be back soon, and closed the door behind him.

I waited in the car, checking the time every minute. Five minutes.

Then seven. Then nine. Ten. I got out of the car taking my bow and arrow with me. I made my way to the shop, and read the sign above, "Gerald's Herbs and Concoction."

I held my bow in my hands and slowly pushed the door, a bell rang on top of me, just like old shops did. I was greeted by a mixture of smells that burned my nostrils. I've never smelled something like this. There was also a shelf with little jars with labels with their names, but they looked a bit erased by the pass of time.

I heard voices in the other room. I could only identify Luke's voice; he sounded angry. "I'm not going back to camp, so you can pack your bags and leave, if that's what you're here to do." I peeked through the tiny space of the door to that room. I could identify three other people in the room but they were all backwards, I only saw Luke's face. Suddenly one of the figures, the girl I assumed, tried to get closer to him with something in her hands. Due to my position I could identify what that was, so I took an arrow and aimed at the object. The thing flew to the wall where my arrow held it. All eyes diverted towards the arrow, then from where it came from.

I made eye contact with Luke, who said, "It's ok, you can come in." I made my way into the room, where three wide eyed teens looked at me. Two boys and a girl. I placed myself next to Luke, as I waited for him to explain what was going on. "These are Percy, Annabeth and Grover. Guys, this is Alexandra Brooks, she's a Huntress."

Luke had told me all about them the night before. Percy Jackson, the son of Poseidon, a forbidden child and new to all of this. Annabeth Chase, Daughter of Athena, who thought she was a total smartass. And Grover, the satyr, he wasn't the first one I met.

"You're an Artemis Hunter? Sick." The blue eyed boy said, earning a nudge from Grover, "I've never seen one."

"Well, she doesn't exactly look like one. Hunters are supposed to be righteous. Yet this one is trying to get everyone killed." Annabeth spat harshly with her brows knit together. Staring at me like she wanted to kill me. Who did this kid think she was? She was talking to the person that has been a hunter her whole life. Artemis taught me how to bring people down in seconds with fighting strategies, but life taught me how to destroy people with my words. I was not one to be this mean but her attitude towards me deserved a proper response.